This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Living a Lie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Living a Lie
Purves Grundy
Member # 698

- posted      Profile for Purves Grundy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear OTF.

This is kind of a difficult post to make, and yet it’s also one of the easiest I've ever written. For years I’ve been on or around this forum and in that time some of the posts people have made here have been both humbling and incredibly empowering. People have shown incredibly courage in been stunningly frank about problems they’ve faced and in turn many of us, myself included, have been privileged to benefit from the warmth and the love surrounding us. In the past I’ve come to otf to wail about life’s vicissitudes and the arbitrary way in which life’s cards can fall. Collectively otf seems to have known when to offer advice (always good) and when to just lay a comforting virtual hand on my shoulder (always welcome).

It’s because of this that I feel I owe it to otf, to all of otf, to share this with you almost as early as I talked it through with immediate family. A New Year is a time for dealing with things – making a new , fresh start and putting right all those things that have been naggingly wrong for so long.

For so very, very long.

Well, 2008 is going to be different.

For some time I have been feeling uncomfortable with who I am. Actually, that’s not true.I’m comfortable with who I am. I’ve been uncomfortable with what I’ve been pretending to be. With the role that society has decreed I play.

At every step I am confronted with my so-called aberrant status. With not conforming to what nature and society demanded of me the moment I was born. Every official transaction I make, every form I fill out, my birth certificate, my passport and my marriage certificate. They’re all there, reminding me that what should be is not. But I have decided enough is enough. I am no longer going to run from this – I’m going to acknowledge it, first privately, then domestically and finally publicly. I want you all to know that I am really not what you thought. I am an Aquarius, trapped in a Libra’s body.

There, I’ve said it and now I’m shaking like a leaf.

Oh, if you knew how difficult it’s been. Every year on the 8th of October smiling as people give me birthday greetings when inside each card is like a dagger to my heart. The only time I could ever feel free and comfortable would be on days between 21st of January and 19th of February. Any moment that the wife and kids were out of the house and I was alone I’d undress and put on my “Birthday Boy!” t-shirt. I’d go and watch myself in the mirror as I sang “happy birthday” to myself. Or I’d just listen to “Float On” and weep.

Oh, I tried to fight it – I did my best to conform – I would do my best to be even-handed and fair-minded. I’d pretend to be outgoing and gregarious, diligent and trustworthy. But it was a lie, all of it. I just wanted to be independent-spirited and zesty, honest and reliable.

The GLW has been utterly supportive throughout this difficult time. She has promised to join me in celebrating my birthday on the 28th of January from now on. The kids don’t understand it really. “Is daddy going to have two birthday parties? Is he going to be like the queen?” asked YMG. Such innocence. I broke down and wept. Typical Aquarius.

I would hope that you will be equally accommodating over the coming weeks and months. It’s likely to be a difficult time as I will shortly be undergoing an extensive programme of Zodiac Realignment Therapy. It may well mean that I’ll be difficult to be around. Mood swings are often reported as a side effect. Also greatly increased gullibility. But I think that with all your help I can get through this.

Take my hand, come with me, baby, to Love Land

Thank you.

Posts: 7499 | From: A Gun | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a lesbian trapped in a straight man's body, I can only offer you the profoundest support in this time. Be strong! The world is wrong, not you.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blimey, PG, I can only sympathise. I'm already an Aquarius, so can understand why you yearn to be one so desperately. Stick in there, mate, we'll be here for you.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funnily enough Toro, not so long ago I was a man trapped in a Lesbian's body. Actually, I wasn't trapped in her, but the rest of it is true.

[ 26.12.2007, 23:04: Message edited by: EIM ]

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha! That was very good.

I thought you were going to say you were gay.

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be strong. I'm with you all the way.

Recently, thanks to the efforts of a local man with a set of historical parish maps and too much time on his hands, it transpired that I, along with anyone else born in the Medway Towns west of Rainham, was not (as I had been brought up) a Man of Kent, but a Kentish Man: a "Wrongsider".

At first I was confused, angry even. But then I thought of the urges I'd been having since childhood (like surrendering myself to Normans*) and gradually became overcome by a glorious feeling of liberation.

Celebrate it.

(* Wisdom, Collier and Whiteside. In that order.)

[ 26.12.2007, 23:28: Message edited by: Alderman Barnes ]

Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was the plumbing that gave it away for me. Aquarius is a water sign, innit?
Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a lesbian trapped in a straight man's body

That explains the dungarees.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's my considered theory that everyone has at least one decent ten-minute stand-up routine in them.

Ladies and gentlemen, my name's been Purves Grundy... g'night!

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boris
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking as a true Libran, I find PG's confession deeply troubling. To be honest, rather than supporting you in your moment of shame, your family ought to be seeking therapy for you, and getting you booked in for some sort of treatment, preferably the type that involves lots of electric shocks and deeply debilitating drugs. Most people aspire to Libranism, seek to become Librans even though the very stars are against them, but you turn your back on your birthright and get into bed with a bunch of wishy-washy, wussy Februarians. You turncoat, you blaggard. You should be ashamed of yourself.

On behalf of all Librans, including Margaret Thatcher of course, I shun you. You cease to exist for me. I think. Actually, I can't quite decide on this issue, to be honest.

Posts: 8617 | From: the safe house | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tratorello
Member # 604

- posted      Profile for tratorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This has gotten me thinking.

I'm a Gemini but I was born nearly 4 weeks premature, does that mean that I'm actually a Cancer?

I've always been happy being a Gemini but PG's admission has rocked my astrological world to it's very foundations, how can I be sure of anything anymore?

How am I supposed to know which 12th of the population I share my personailty and destiny with?

Posts: 1718 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ask this guy.

-

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
what's his name, the number 10....
Member # 588

- posted      Profile for what's his name, the number 10....     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glorious.
Posts: 4145 | From: acts of manual sexual altruism | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the fuck is going on here?
Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That picture Frank Drebin posted is the cuckolded two left footed guy from Best In Show, isn't it?

[ 30.12.2007, 21:10: Message edited by: Spearmint Rhino ]

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC