This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » OTF Met Office - Brace yourselves... (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: OTF Met Office - Brace yourselves...
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Met Office read OTF.
Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no sign of this yet, it's clear and sunny outside.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not a breath of wind yet in Lancashire. "The calm before the storm", perhaps.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The winds should be stronguer on wednesday for us living in the NW and indeed other parts of the country, only the monday storm is mentionned so far but wednesday will probably be even worse...

Right now the wind is picking up of the coast of Ireland, navy buoy reporting gusts of 70mph.

For the longuer term, model consensus on some colder weather around the corner, a white Easter is a possibility.

Bartok, she should squeeze in between two storms, lucky girl. It might be a bit rough at cruising altitude as the jetstream is blowing like a TGV train at the moment (240kmh)

[ 09.03.2008, 23:30: Message edited by: Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat ]

Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barndoorio
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Barndoorio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's starting to pick up outside here in Taunton. Quite gusty, my shed door is starting to shift already [Frown]
Posts: 5360 | From: Glorious Taunton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spent the weekend in Miltown Malbay, a town in Co Clare in the extreme west of Ireland. The temperature was arctic at almost all times -- colder than a widow's smile.

Miltown Malbay is right on the coast. We went for a meal this afternoon at a hotel on the seafront, and saw breaking waves that looked like something from Big Wednesday.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck me, it's windy outside.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very windy here too. I wonder if it's the same wind?
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melbourne Arab
Member # 1389

- posted      Profile for Melbourne Arab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The rowing events at the 1956 Melbourne Olympics were held at Lake Wendouree, Ballarat, about an hour outside Melbourne. Here is what Victoria's drought has done to it:

-

Posts: 854 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barndoorio
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Barndoorio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Swimming is not recommended! No, I don't suppose it is right now.
Posts: 5360 | From: Glorious Taunton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barndoorio
Member # 69

meanwhile it's all gone quiet outside down here, eye of the storm?
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck me, this thing woke me up.
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Holy shit. Couldn't sleep at all. Council wheely bins going BANGBANGBANG, sundry items of roadwork furniture going SCUTTLESCUTTLESCUTTLE, waves on the beach going CRASHCRASHCRASH, and internal doors going RATTLERATTLERATTLE even though I've sealed and insulated the windows to the best of my ability. Haven't known anything like this since '87.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update: the council wheely bin has just blown over, and men in high-visibility jerkins are trying to wrestle it upright. It isn't a normal, tall-and-thin wheely bin by the way. This is a big, squat, heavy motherfucker with a low centre of gravity, which can normally only be lifted by a special lifting truck. Extraordinary.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

80mph winds in Devon, apparently. Just heard it's 66mph in Shoreham, which is a couple of miles from where I'm sitting.
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC