This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » OTF Met Office - Brace yourselves... (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: OTF Met Office - Brace yourselves...
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just cycled home in the teeth of a wind that almost lifted me off my bike on three separate occasions, the most dangerous being when a Luas tram was coming up behind me at the front entrance of St James' Hospital. What is normally a 15-minute journey took more than half an hour. At one point I simply had to stop cycling, go onto the pavement and walk along for a minute or two, such was the power of the breeze.

The noise of the gale outside my living-room window at the moment is unreal.

[ 11.03.2008, 18:22: Message edited by: Hieronymus Bosch ]

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wind is picking up now. We had a squall just before, with the sky golden yellow, quite apocalyptic.

Place not to be tonight: Lake District summits, gusting at 110mph...

Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flash warnings out for the North-West, from midnight onwards it's getting medieval chaps, I'm off at the moment, I think I will do a bit of night observation...
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just played football and with a little help from a prevailing Westerly, I managed to hook one in over the keeper's head from about thirty yards. So not all bad news.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 19

Colder weather on the way, from the end of this week-end onwards all the way too Easter, frost and snow possible for some low-lying areas. All the details and charts from the excellent veteran forecaster John Holmes here.
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
jaysus, will this winter never end
Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
All the details and charts from the excellent veteran forecaster John Holmes
There's a 'weather cock' gag there somewhere...
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've just played football and with a little help from a prevailing Westerly, I managed to hook one in over the keeper's head from about thirty yards.
I remember Lee Dixon doing that to David Seaman on the opening day in 1993-94 against Coventry.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 19

Well, the cold spell over easter is not going away, on the contrary. Winds have swung NE at the moment, cooling down the country nicely and then there is the beauty progged to hit on sunday, feeding directly from the Arctic. Snow galore by the look of it...

-

Member # 19

Well it's cold, there is snow falling on the east side of the UK and the cold is here to stay. At the moment forget about BBQ and forget about last year April's. In fact there are good indications that spring this year will be cool if not cold.

If we had had the current weather synoptics in January, this week-end would have been a right snowy mess...

Wrap up if you're going to a football game, the windchill factor is scary...

Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone else mentioned that we are going to have another shit summer, just not quite as bad as last year?
Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 19

No summer predictions yet but La Nina effect means you better not expect anything too good, a repeat of last year effort in term of precipitations is not out of discussion.

A warm blip is being progged for beginning of next week, shortlived but we could hit the high teens thanks to a passing HP cell (cold at night mind you) but a return to colder conditions is still on the cards.

Off to the Peaks for, probably, a last ice and snow walk.

Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
..a repeat of last year effort in term of precipitations is not out of discussion.

That sounds like something the computer on Star Trek would say.

Bugger.
Bugger, buggery, bugger.

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC