This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » OTF Met Office - Brace yourselves... (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: OTF Met Office - Brace yourselves...
Tee-Rex
Member # 609

- posted      Profile for Tee-Rex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do NOT read this headline. Do NOT click on this link.

(but if you did, feel free to post expressions of sympathy below, we're suffering here)

Posts: 3795 | From: tomorrow, your time | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Everyone in the UK uses snowtires, right?
Not everyone in Canada has them. Try going up a mountain on Vancouver Island in March with a bunch of stoned Canadians who seem to be surprised that the mountain is covered in snow...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I was kidding about the snowtires. Apparently Quebec has the highest usage rate, at 90%, but they've just passed a law making them mandatory. Ontario's usage is below 30%. It's quite amazing the difference they make. We put them on the car we take up north in the winter, but not on the one that never leaves the city.
Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yuri had best be right about this. I'm hunkered down in a bivouac made from cans of all day breakfast and beans with pork sausages. It's just me and two cats from now on in. If things get really bad, I'll burn one cat for heat and eat the other for food. I've seen 'The Day After Tomorrow' (which also happens to be my stock reply for when someone asks me when something is going to be done by) I'm taking no chances.

The cats may force my hand though. They're in the far corner of the beaney shelter, huddling together, plotting, planning, confiding in each other. They know the score. They know that people are idiots and we're all fucked. They're just waiting for their turn.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's sunny here.
Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Egg's clearly in denial. It's the first sign.
Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Deartle III
Member # 237

- posted      Profile for Tom Deartle III     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just this lunchtime noticed a pub round here has only gone and got rid of all it's outdoor smoker's fuck off sized heaters. Mate says it's the EEC that's done it, they was bad for the environment and that.

Is it all too little too late?

Posts: 307 | From: way back yonder cross the hill | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOM - did you actually make it into work today? I;m on a train just outside Belleville and visibility's down to maybe 75 metres. It's seriously ugly out there.
Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The cantering captain
Member # 942

- posted      Profile for The cantering captain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why do people who've just seen a herd of bewildered buffaloes blown bodily down the street still insist on trying to put up there umbrella ? IT IS NOT GOING TO PROTECT YOU FROM THE RAIN, IT'S JUST GOING TO BREAK, YOU DOZY DINGBAT.
Posts: 1476 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's that non-sense about the outdoor heaters, no ban whatsoever, just the landlord who had enough paying for them...
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The EEC? Don't you mean the "Common Market"?
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taylor
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Taylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blue skies and bright sunshine in London. Cold, but not outrageously so. Not much wind.
Posts: 3395 | From: further over there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

AG - good god, no. I've sequestered myself in the library - fire roaring, faithful hound at my feet, Mehavishnu Orchestra on the Victrola- awaiting any emergency copywriting which may arise, should the bank come up with any novel ways to bilk the punters. Best of luck on the train. If you can't get farther than Guildwood, debark, make your way North and watch for the smoke curling from the chimney.

[Edit: no idea why I wrote Guildwood. I haven't lived near it for 9 years. I'm at Rouge Hill.)

[ 01.02.2008, 14:46: Message edited by: WornOldMotorbike ]

Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For purpose of statistical analysis, two locations (made of 2/3 stations spread in the area) are used to calculate the average temperature of the UK, Manley and Hadley. January finished with a value of 6.6c, that makes it the joint 9th warmest January since 1659. That's the first month since June 2007 showing a marked increase on the average, 2.8c on the 1971-2000 benchmark.
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilC
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for evilC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guildford: sunny. Cool, but nice. I now wish I was going for a ride on my scooter after work, instead of locking myself away in a cinema for a couple of hours.
Posts: 7428 | From: such drivers' ed films as 'Alice's Adventures Through the Windshield Glass' | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC