This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » UK - it's really shit isn't it? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: UK - it's really shit isn't it?
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I only know the Turkish penitentiary system from Midnight Express, whereas I've actually been inside HMP Belmarsh and Crumlin Road. Merry Xmas to you too.
Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blimey Duncan, I thought you were a quiet type...
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bonjour M.Croute.

I was in Belmarsh for a job interview (failed) as a clerk screw.

Living next door to a prison is sadly commonplace in dear old Ultonia [Wink]

Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass
Member # 730

- posted      Profile for Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Google Amnesty International and then click on the annual report for Turkey if you want to know more.

All the season's best to you as well.

Posts: 8490 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a new poster campaign around pointing out, among other things, how much longer you can be locked up without charge in England than in Turkey.

plusnet do a broadband service with only a month-to-month contract, by the way.

Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, looks like I'm way out of touch with recent changes on otf. Seems like the poster formerly known as racist cunt has changed his name.
Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The 7th Baron Bartok
Member # 959

- posted      Profile for The 7th Baron Bartok     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wtf??? Was there some racist post which has been deleted?
Posts: 4840 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I, too, have no idea what you're on about.
Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 730

- posted      Profile for Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right, no messing about now. Up until a few days ago I was Carcass. Do you kindly want to explain what you're raving about?
Posts: 8490 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 730

You're off your head. You make sweeping generalisations about a country and call it uncivilized something which you should be taken to task for. I said, quite fairly, that people in glass houses perhaps shouldn't be flinging bricks about.

How does this make me a racist cunt?

Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I complain bitterly about how awful dial-up internet access is in the Uk (it is, I've used dial up connections in 9-10 countries in the past 4 yrs) and someone decides this is a good reason to launch an attack on 'Turkey's human rights record' (without - as as already been pointed out bothering to make any sort of comparison).
Sorry but I just don't see any connection between the two topics other than our friend has some racist axe to grind. Is there one??

Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 730

Also, just in case you're really struggling to see what I'm talking about, have a think what this sentence says to most people:

"So rather a lot of people, which is why most civilized countries still have simple efficient dial up access."

Member # 730

That sentence is plainly inferring that England is not a civilized country. I suggested that maybe you stop coming here then and stick to your own 'civilized' country.

It was you who brought the whole idea of countries being uncivilized up.

Now apologize for calling me racist. You disingenuous twit.

Spock na Escada
Member # 47

Ah Carcass - so I was right about the person responsible being pissed.
Go and dry out for a day or two dear. Then come back and read your earlier posts and decide whether you would have made the same sort of 'race specific' comments had any of the posters resident in other countries dared to post anything critical of anything in the UK.

The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spock - you were just plain wrong before that post, and I've a lot more time for you than many on here seem to.

But now you're acting the proper cunt.

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC