This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » UK - it's really shit isn't it? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: UK - it's really shit isn't it?
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to make it crystal clear that I was under the impression that we have members of this forum who are white, UK born ex-pats and who live in countries other than the UK, which Amnesty has written reports on (FYI they do the full A-Z, including some pretty grim reports on EU member states). I would be horrified and apologise unreservedly if our bearded friend can show me examples of his responding to criticism of UK dial up internet acces - or indeed anything UK based - by those posters by telling them to "Fuck off back to country X, and to read the Amnesty report on country X".
Sadly due to my slow net access I can't download compare the Amnesty Turkey report with those of other countries. I'd be especially interested in comparing it with the report on the US.

I'll go out on a limb here and wager that the latter makes grimmer reading than the former. Yet the negative association of 'bad human rights' doesn't seem to be the first image that springs to most people's minds when thinking/writing about the US. In the case of some posters it does seem to be the first thing that springs to mind when thinking/writing about Turkey.
I'll admit it's a very long time since I was obliged as part of a management training programme to attend a racism awareness seminar but I do distinctly recall that one of the definitions of racism was the association of negative attributes and characteristics with given races/nations irrespective of any evidence that the given races/nations were any more deserving of these negative associations than any other races/nations. Pre-judging - quite literally the root of the word 'prejudice'.

Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spock, you're completely ignoring the "civilised" aspect of what you said there, which as you well know was the bit which prompted the comment. That looks disingenuous, at best.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzo
Member # 1592

- posted      Profile for Gonzo         Edit/Delete Post 
The 'Ugly Kingdom';Need we say more?
Posts: 2962 | From: The Pale, Erin | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose that would depend on whether you wanted anyone to know what you're talking about or not.
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The 'Ugly Kingdom';Need we say more?
You don't, no.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spock Talking Shit Shock. Pictures At Eleven.
Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzo
Member # 1592

Am sure its many 'loyal' defenders will line up to sing its praises....
Posts: 2962 | From: The Pale, Erin | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gonzo Talking Shit Shock. Pictures At Eleven.
Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzo
Member # 1592

SSTSS. Who gives a feck about pictures! [Wink]
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

I've no idea what you're talking about. I'm equally unsure how emoticons qualify typing randomly with your eyes shut and mittens on.

Anyway, I don't why I'm bothering. This is a fucking stupid thread. The only thing I'm getting out of it is that the last shred of doubt I had about identifying Spock as a deeply stupid and intolerably cuntish individual a good three years ago has now nicely dissipated. This is in every detail the same as Rogin's "nuke new york" rubbish from the other week. The nasty minded outpourings of people who just about hold it in the rest of the time, but eventually flip over the side and show their true colours once in their cups and pissed off about... what? Internet access? State of it.

Fellas, chill out and join your local nationalist parties, you'll feel a whole lot better. You're obviously chafing with this whole "pretending not to be a scum bag" thing. Knock yourselves out and give your inner wankers a break.

[ 29.12.2007, 00:32: Message edited by: Super Sharp Shooter ]

smallweed
Member # 1692

- posted      Profile for smallweed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sadly due to my slow net access I can't download compare the Amnesty Turkey report with those of other countries. I'd be especially interested in comparing it with the report on the US.

I'll go out on a limb here and wager that the latter makes grimmer reading than the former.

hmmm
Posts: 1606 | From: John McGlynn's bouncy army | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

Quite. Slow internet access means he'd have to wait a minute to read it rather than ten seconds. So let's have it right and say "sadly due to the fact that I don't want to let the facts get in the way of being an arsehole..." etc.

What Spock's done here is go off half-cocked and made the grave tactical error of thinking sticking hard to his guns rather than backing down - even when he knows he's in the wrong - is going to help him.

I know OTF is not a place where people close ranks often, and that's in the main a good thing. But there must be some things that are beyond the pale, and for my money, accusing Carcass of being racist, and furthermore suggesting he has a track record as such, is easily one of them. Fucking despicable behaviour.

King o' the Rye
Member # 4315

- posted      Profile for King o' the Rye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For what it is worth, I think SSS is right on the money here. As he often is, as it goes (and no, I haven't ever met him, Ganja/MX).
Posts: 423 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

Cheque's in the post.
King o' the Rye
Member # 4315

- posted      Profile for King o' the Rye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks pal.
Posts: 423 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC