This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Why do so many women like it rough? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Why do so many women like it rough?
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The end
Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank fuck for that.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OTF cut out and keep PPV Thread starter:-

PPV: Birds eh? Why do they <insert mysoginistic/moronic question here>

Assorted other OTF'ers: That's a bit out of order

PPV: It was a joke! You're so PC. You're just having a go at me because I'm not english/support Inter/post dumb things

Assorted other OTF'ers: NO, we're saying that your post was moronic

PPV: AAHHHH girlyboy facists! It was a joke! But aeriously, why do all birds <insert original moronic question but in a different way>

<repeat to fade>

Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linus
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for linus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of you guys are seriously jeopardizing your chances of landing an obscure Swedish or Croatian football jersey somewhere down the road.
Posts: 1376 | From: afar | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK.

The thing is, that Callie and Taylor's explanations, while perfectly true as far as they go, don't really, for my money, explain what stands in need of explaining. The tricky stuff arises at two levels, I think.

The first is the whole psychology of "thrills". Why is it that most of us enjoy controlled detonations of the fight-and-flight response, through the release of adrenalin, rather than finding it, say, distressing? I think nearly everyone does enjoy it, though the preferred triggers (drama, sport, bungee-jumping, public speaking, combat) vary enormously from person to person.

The second, which may be a trickier one, is why for some of us (me, for example) this fight-and-flight kind of thrill lives in a separate part of the mind from sexuality, whereas for others (such as nearly every woman PPV has had it off with, in his statistically improbable version of things), they overlap.

I'd be after some sort of explanation of those things that didn't invoke some other, unexplained, bit of human psychology. Evolutionary Psychology is one possibility, but I don't think they've done all that well on this one, in terms of good testable conjectures.

PPV: you're slightly off your rocker I think.

Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hahaha oh dear.

PPV I will say one thing, and that is that it's never as simple as you seem to be saying it is. Maybe the people you're talking about think that this is what you want to hear. Maybe they feel pressured by things they've read/seen into behaving in a certain way because otherwise they'll seem boring or prudish. Maybe they've read threads/heard conversations like this and do/don't do things because they're worried about what the other person will say to their friends afterwards.

Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or maybe there's some serious eye-of-the-beholder stuff going on here.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well that too...
Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there something to explain, as well WE, about the degree of "thrill" sought?
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Applause for Hobbes's 5:12 post, by the way. And what a thrill-seeker he himeslf must be, still up and posting at that time
Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

TonTon: yes, I think there is. Churchill reported being under fire as exhilirating, and many others with combat experience seem to feel the same way. Others are traumatised by it. And the whole spectrum in between. I think that's quite puzzling.

I think there seems to be some sort of proximal explanation developing for that, to do with the seratonin/dopamine cycle and how it differs from person to person. All pretty crude as yet though.

lyra
Member # 1669

Is it true Churchill was bipolar?
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hobbes, next time you read and post, donít do it while at the same time getting out of your Wunderbaum/yellow M&M/black bubble boy, inspired outfit. It distracts you.

Nowhere have I said here that the question was meant as a joke. The question is a serious one.
The brawl-like fashion of posting with Toro was the joke.
It seems that some people did take it seriously and as meant, and have made an effort to discuss it.
Are all of them morons as well?

Instead of trying to do another of your lame gags, trying to score OTF points, being another making accusations of me misogynistic here, show me exactly where Iíve been it. Do a bloody quote or something.

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ďI want you to make up stuff about me while weíre arguing and just insist it's true, hardĒ

ďI want you to tell me to piss off, tell me until the admins intervene.Ē

OK, itís one thing to maltreat, and act the swine, and letís not even talk about committing crime any further, itís another to do it in a certain way where it gives more pleasure, but still.

Itís a very odd thing that someone would want to be treated almost abusive. That it turns them on, in an act of lust and great emotions.

Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
what's his name, the number 10....
Member # 588

- posted      Profile for what's his name, the number 10....     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The chat between toro and PPV really distracted from this thread. Well, duh.

Having been extremely badly burned by the findability of otf I'm not going to go into any personal details, but as WE has acknowledged there is a real question here. Maybe evolutionary psychology provides the answer.

The fact is, however, that many very well-balanced, successful, happy women enjoy rough or very rough sex. It is a bit weird.

Posts: 4145 | From: acts of manual sexual altruism | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC