This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Random observations from my shopping trip (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Random observations from my shopping trip
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n4xXc25wPE&NR=1

My God. Here's another.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
don't worry Pete, it's only for a cat.
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hissing fauna
Member # 7071

- posted      Profile for hissing fauna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had to buy PG Tips once as Mrs HF wanted the attached toy monkey. (the Johnny Vegas one, not a piano carrying chimp)
Posts: 206 | From: brighton is not 'london by the sea' | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Proof that Polar Bears eat Walruses/Walrii/Walrus
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why didn't she have to buy the PG Tips?
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

Way cool, Eric's.
hissing fauna
Member # 7071

- posted      Profile for hissing fauna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why didn't she have to buy the PG Tips?
my innate sense of gallantry/seeking of the easy life
Posts: 206 | From: brighton is not 'london by the sea' | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boris
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No one seems to have picked up on the one major revelation in EIM's opening post - he takes his shopping home in a taxi. Public transport's not good enough for him, oh no, he spends a fortune on fish he doesn't want and pooh-branded kitchen roll, and then taxis it all home. How much does bar work fucking pay these days? When I was working in a pub I could hardly afford to walk home, never mind buy expensive luxury kitchen roll and then take it home in a goddamn taxi. No wonder you like Take That, you wuss.
Posts: 8617 | From: the safe house | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

A taxi? I did miss that. The lazy tyke.
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

It was an eighty quid topping weekly shop. Last time I struggled home with that little lot (in fact, half that little lot) on the 472, my arms ached so much I couldn't make love to myself for a week. I had to go to counselling to repair my fractured love life.

A taxi was the only sensible answer. Besides, it's the one luxury I afford myself. That and my desirable hill top residence with stunning panoramic vistas of Woolwich's urban sprawl.

The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nil - they are shit, a sorry excuse for a bear.
As are most other sort of raccoon.

<...can open, salmon everywhere...>

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

I forgot to mention. The hot cross bun can actually take a side step for a minute and be replaced, for a short period only until the novelty value wears off, by the tiger baguette. It's as if the top two loaves of bread have copulated and given birth to the best thing ever.
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
On the other hand, North American bears are famed for their salmon fishing exploits:
Yeah, very impressive to casually walk out in shallow waters and catch fish that gather in massive amounts, swim upstream and exhaust themselves to death and commit sect like suicide just about exactly where the bears cross, once a year.

Yeah, very impressive hunting!

A blind Koala dipped in turpentine and put on fire could catch one of those salmons, if it lowered a lure from a rod south of Tasmania.

[ 31.12.2007, 03:12: Message edited by: Pietro Paolo Virdis ]

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, this with bear and their ability to catch North American salmon is one of the strangest claims of achievement I’ve ever seen.

They’re - the salmons - either in a drugged state of slow-motion, stood up-creek in such vast numbers that if you’d wade into the water, you’d be in salmon, not water.
And when they’re not, they’re idiotically jumping, again up-stream, right into bear paws. If that’s masterful hunting, so is surrounding a flock of wildebeest with landmines then causing distress to make them stampede.

[ 31.12.2007, 03:36: Message edited by: Pietro Paolo Virdis ]

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC