This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » The great big quiz of the year thing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The great big quiz of the year thing
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One third of the contestants on this channel 4 laugh-a-second-athon have spent time mooching around Southwark in the last few months. I know this as I have seen both Noel Fielding, and the little nerdy one from Peep Show with my own eyes. Fielding was in the bar drinking sambuca and looking up girls' skirts, the little nerdy one was being told jokes at the top of the stairs at Southwark tube station. I think he may have been to the Old Vic for that panto thing.

I don't know what this shows other than Southwark is the place to go for post-watershed comedy. Or at least the performers of it.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

- posted      Profile for Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The other one from Peep Show lives in my street, and the nerdy one lives quite nearby too, I see him quite often.

I hate Noel Fielding.

[ 30.12.2007, 21:48: Message edited by: Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan ]

Posts: 10341 | From: London Overground | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hopefully WHNtNo10 will tell us about his experience at this show 2 years ago.
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Russell Brand was incredibly poor value on this, and I usually like the guy. In fact, bar a few quality interjections from David Mitchell, Noel Fielding pretty much carried the whole thing.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

- posted      Profile for Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever Brand is with Noel Fielding he gets dragged down to his level. I wish he wouldn't work with Fielding, he's a bad influence.
Posts: 10341 | From: London Overground | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
what's his name, the number 10....
Member # 588

- posted      Profile for what's his name, the number 10....     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been to the Big Fat Quiz of the Year. One of my friends is involved in the production of it.

It was without doubt one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life.

We got to see a very bored and quiet Simon Pegg, a less than hilarious David Walliams, and a number of non-entities surround Jonathan Ross, who actually was funny and was desperately holding it all together.

Filming took four hours, which somewhat distracted from the atmosphere. Simon Pegg was asleep at one point. Four actual hours in a row, with one ten minute break during which we were given a carton of kia-ora orange each. There was a stand-up comedian to keep us entertained during this interval, who made some gag about fucking a child. He was like a cross between a student comedian and a coked up dickhead you meet in a toilet. He may have in fact been both of these things. I have since seen him appear on Channel 4.

I can't begin to describe what it was like when, after 110 minutes of this drivel, we realised that the year had only gotten as far as April. We'd better speed up, said Jonathan.

The full horror of this may be clearer to you if I reveal that almost all of the extra time spent was on Jimmy Carr, the Hilarious Host. Jimmy Carr, repeating his jokes into the camera until he got them just right . Over, and over, and over. And over. I don't think there was a single line he was hapy with first time.

We were finally dumped out of the studio at about midnight in the middle of nowhere, miles from home.

Hell is watching Jimmy Carr repeat his jokes until they are funny.

Posts: 4145 | From: acts of manual sexual altruism | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Shedd
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Johnny Shedd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched it until 10.25 last night (when MOTD came on) and at one point Rob Brydon looked really pissed off. I can see why now.
Posts: 494 | From: The Hideous Fen Of Huge Bigness | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hell is watching Jimmy Carr repeat his jokes until they are funny
Hell is watching anyone repeat a joke until they've "got it right". God, what an awful pillock. No wonder Doddy, Tarby and Monkhouse never "got" Television, accustomed as they were to simply entertaining a live and often hostile crowd with good jokes told well.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed it (advice: watch while pissed), but Number 10's post was a fascinating capsule insight into the Circle of Hell of its making and so I'm grateful for that information.

I thought Lily Allen was achingly cute.

Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny that bit about her being told that she was pregnant, and her denying it...

Anyway, stick to watching radio being recorded, telly recordings are crap.

Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC