This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Utterly Useless Skills (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Utterly Useless Skills
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can also touch my nose with the tongue, just about. And I can roll my tongue, which some people apparently can't.

Actually, those are not useless attributes at all. They have caused some people great happiness.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hobbes, for one...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard
Member # 1538

- posted      Profile for Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can recognise obscure, crappy impersonations :

If you're going to the supermarket, could you get me a pound of Dallmayer-Prodomo?

Oooo.. isn't that that bloke what lives next to that twat what posts on the interweb ?

Posts: 1243 | From: upon high | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How this one:

(Right...it's the short old bald guy from the Benny Hill skits.)

Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treibeis
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for treibeis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooo.. isn't that that bloke what lives next to that twat what posts on the interweb ?

You must have heard somebody else doing it. The dead neighbour that I impersonate was female.

That's what makes it so femur-snappingly funny, you see. That and the words "Dallmayer-Prodomo". If I do it using another type of coffee - Tchibo Feine Milde, for example - I get bottled off stage before I've reached the question mark.

[ 03.01.2008, 17:21: Message edited by: treibeis ]

Posts: 1298 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can also touch my nose with my tongue.
I can do that. And I can roll my tongue. Do you love me too, hobbes?
Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eggchaser is my evil twin.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy C
Member # 51

- posted      Profile for Andy C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure I could touch Lyra's nose with my tongue too, given the opportunity.
Posts: 8328 | From: Hampstead Norreys no more | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Actually, those are not useless attributes at all. They have caused some people great happiness.
On the other hand, they're not really "skills", are they?
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's subtle.

[to Andy C]

[ 03.01.2008, 17:52: Message edited by: WornOldMotorbike ]

Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can recite the result of every FA Cup Final from 1923 to the present day. I do it to music, actually, accompanied by a banjo.

I can also touch my left ear with my left hand, which doesn't sound so brilliant, except I do it after wrapping my arm behind my head first. I've only met one other person who shared that near-double-jointed ability, or at least one other person who wasn't so horrified by the spectacle of me showing them how to do it that they dared try themselves.

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

The way I employ these attributes require skill, Wyatt. But then they are not useless.
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can set cold type.

We all do that pretty much every day Tim. A you sure you don't mean hot type (ie: metal type?)

As to useless skills. I can produce a heraldically accurate coat of arms to College of Arms standards. Of course I've never been asked to do it so there's a very slight chance I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure I can reproduce the design of every British record label from the 1960s too.

<God this is embarrassing!>

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heston Bee
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for Heston Bee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At secondary school we had a really strict, dour maths teacher. He took great pleasure in giving people detentions for wearing trainers in class, or giving black marks to anyone who, however accidental, trod on the 2 square foot of grass outside of his temporary classroom. I'd been put off maths by the previous teacher who made no attempt to teach us anything and set us mundane, elementary exercises in class and as homework. Mr Strict Teacher though, was different, he gave us difficult exercises but without sufficiently explaining how to do any of them, suplanting method with an eccentric forgetfulness not out of place in the senility thread. One lesson though is memorable; he, for a reason long forgotten, decided that he would pull out his ancient accordian from the small cupboard at the front of the class (where he, allegedly, kept his cane to threaten really misbehaving kids with) and spent the double period teaching the entire class to recite the alphabet backwards to the tune of twinkle twinkle little star. I can still remember it.
Posts: 1493 | From: Loondoon | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

I've been a 'car guy' since I was a kid, and pretty much that's all I do when I'm driving is gawk at other cars. For years, I've been able to tell what almost any car is (make and model) just by seeing a small detail of it (like a tail-light, or the roofline, or the c-pillar).
Useful when witnessing hit and runs, or bank-robbery getaways.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC