This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Friday cryptic crossword game (Page 53)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Friday cryptic crossword game
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been googling the Battle of Madagascar: British and Commonwealth assault on Vichy forces (supported by Japanese subs), ultimately successful. No joy. Barking up the wrong tree?
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Google "The Madagascar Plan".
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait: that was kicked into touch after the start of Barbarossa, surely?

Anyway: hang on.

Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

Still stuck, sorry.
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean stuck as in you haven't got my answer, or stuck in using it in the next clue?

If the former, "she brewed some tea but lost some" - it's a language - I thought was pretty okay as a clue, myself.

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

It's a statement of fact, not a criticism.
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

Please can we have some letters?
Andy C
Member # 51

- posted      Profile for Andy C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not getting anywhere towards unravelling it either.
Posts: 8328 | From: Hampstead Norreys no more | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The cantering captain
Member # 942

- posted      Profile for The cantering captain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hebrew woman cuts the grass
Posts: 1476 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

Ah!

How many letters?

The cantering captain
Member # 942

- posted      Profile for The cantering captain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er, missed a bit, sorry. It's 5.

hebrew woman cuts the grass without 2 sheep

Posts: 1476 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

If I remove "ewe" and "ram" from "hebrew woman" I almost get the initials of "New Wave Of British Heavy Metal", though not quite. Is that anything to do with it?
The cantering captain
Member # 942

No. Creative though.
The cantering captain
Member # 942

On reflection, to make this a bit easier, or even remotely possible, it should really be :-

backward hebrew woman without 2 sheep, cuts the grass.

Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

I've a candidate, but I'm not at all confident.
  This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC