This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » How do I copy a DVD?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do I copy a DVD?
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was hoping to make a copy of a DVD that I have, but I don't know the first thing about doing it. Searching online, everything seems to be about getting around the encryption, but the DVD I'm interested in is already a copy, so I don't need to worry about that.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What operating system? XP seems to have issues burning DVDs on its own, so you might have to get a trial version of Nero.
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's XP.

Nero can do it? Sounds good to me.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willie1Foot
Member # 18

- posted      Profile for Willie1Foot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it's a copy-protected DVD you'll need to run 'DVD-Decrypter' or similar first.
Posts: 3221 | From: the shores of Botany Bay | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Member # 10292

- posted      Profile for Kowalski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who going to fiddle while Nero burns?
Posts: 595 | From: People's Republic of Llandudno | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barndoorio
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Barndoorio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
whilst it's a nice line Kowalski, I think that is why they chose the name.
Posts: 5360 | From: Glorious Taunton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Member # 10292

- posted      Profile for Kowalski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
spoilsport!!!
Posts: 595 | From: People's Republic of Llandudno | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guff daddy
Member # 12234

- posted      Profile for guff daddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. When it came out first it was called Nero Burning Rom. They've since dropped the appalling pun, I think.
Posts: 28 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it's a copied DVD already, just drag the two folders to your harddrive, and burn the DVD with Nero.

DVD encryption is not really a dark art. With some exceptions, it's enough to use a programme like Clone DVD or Apollo DVD Copy (which I prefer) to compress the DVD, and have Any DVD run in the background for decryption. Any DVD is brilliant for changing Region Codes.

For really stubborn bastards, one needs to run the DVD through a decryption utility. I use DVD Decrypter for that, but it's a rather long process, and doesn't guarantee success.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How do I copy a DVD?
Paint yourself silver, make yourself into a circle and sing whenever anyone fires a laser at you.
Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blameless
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for blameless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. When it came out first it was called Nero Burning Rom. They've since dropped the appalling pun, I think.

I thought they'd dropped the pun, but apparently it's still in use. In addition, the symbol for NBR on the box and as a desktop icon is a blazing Colosseum:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/71/Nero8.png

[ 31.01.2008, 11:16: Message edited by: blameless ]

Posts: 3576 | From: a factually and morally wrong perspective | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC