This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Give a little Respect (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Give a little Respect
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
which one are you TT?
Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Second bloke from the left, white shirt.
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Auntie Beryl
Member # 1082

- posted      Profile for Auntie Beryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would that be, er, her off of Big Brother on the right?
Posts: 1450 | From: west by south | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carole Vincent, yeah
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always been fascinated with the process of standing in local elections. The councillors who are elected to represent our parish on the Borough council seem to get elected with about 150 votes, which is about as many people as I'd hope would turn up to my birthday party in my local if I put a free hotpot on. I presume it's a bit more competitive down in that London?
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TonTon and his comrades did a pretty effective job of blitzing the key AFC Wimbledon fan demographic at Kingsmeadow today. Almost everyone I saw seemed to have one of their leaflets in their hand (and I did overhear someone saying "Yeah, I agree with all that" on reading it).

I note, too, that the Left Listies aren't above putting their prettiest and blondest candidates most prominently in their literature.

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With all due respect I hope TonTon was neither their blondest nor prettiest candidate.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

haha

Every candidate's leaflet has a picture of the candidate on it, it would be a bit odd if it didn't. We were on her patch, geographically speaking, so it was only right to hand out her stuff as well.

I thought it went pretty well, though there has been some rather silly moaning this evening, about "mixing football and politics" and "the club endorsing a political party".

[ 21.03.2008, 23:11: Message edited by: TonTon ]

TonTon
Member # 41

Photos from yesterday:

-

-

Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

- posted      Profile for Nathan HelenaHandcart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who was moaning TT? Anonymous arsewipes on the gb, or real actual people and stuff?
Posts: 2896 | From: The Los Angeles Underground | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

The former, mostly. No-one I could put a face to, anyway.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC