This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » I am a sausage-eating Kraut (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I am a sausage-eating Kraut
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, Merkel came to SA a few months ago. And I don't follow German politics closely, so although she is a CDU politician and therefore deserving of every ounce of my hatred, I rather liked her. I'm certain I'd hate her if I lived in Deutschland, but she comes across as a decent human being.

I feel dirty now, and need a thorough shower. Even if I didn't need to wash my hair after trimming tree and drilling holes into masonry, I'd really want to.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Years ago, when she was still a fairly junior minister, Max Goldt (of Hubschraubereinsatz fame) saw her on the news in her government limousine and described her as looking as if she'd won a day out in Bonn from a women's magazine.

That's her schtick and it's served her well. She's obviously more calculating than she looks, but she does at least come across as a decent sort, whether she is or not. I can't decide.

Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think countries are that bothered to check if someone still holds citizenship of another country. I do hold Swiss and Canadian citizenship, I can claim the Italian and the British one. In principle I would not have any objection to become British, if only to wave my passport at some xenophobes, but they don't half make you pay the price for it. It was much cheaper for my missus to become Swiss...
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treibeis
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for treibeis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
but she does at least come across as a decent sort, whether she is or not. I can't decide

When she first took over at the helm of the CDU, that line about John Major being "a fairly decent bloke, just in the wrong party" sprang to mind. Although you could probably say that about Frau Merkel whichever party she was in.

She's dreadfully unlucky with her photos as well. There was one of her in a tabloid today where she looked like Harry Redknapp having a shit.

Posts: 1298 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sitek
Member # 1079

- posted      Profile for sitek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've been here so long that I can only function properly in the German system.

Also, I've reached the point where I prefer the German way of doing things (most of the time, at least), and it terms of politics, I feel much more at home here. Citizenship merely formalises it, I suppose.

And not least, having lived in this country and paid taxes for nearly twenty years, I'm finally allowed to vote now.

These are also my reasons for wanting to apply for Swiss citizenship, but the wonders of federalism means that I have to wait five years, as I recently moved cantons. Oh, and I must stay in the village for five years too. I'm sure it will be worth it.
Posts: 876 | From: Fog on the Rhine | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I must stay in the village for five years ...
 -
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willie1Foot
Member # 18

- posted      Profile for Willie1Foot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
she looked like Harry Redknapp having a shit
<applause>
Posts: 3221 | From: the shores of Botany Bay | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's easier to apply for it when living abroad Sitek, what a country eh...
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC