This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Move over London, Chicago... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Move over London, Chicago...
Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard
Member # 1538

- posted      Profile for Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Toronto's burning.

Recent reports have it as a 7 alarm fire (which includes : 20 pumpers, 7 aerials, 2 squads, 7 district chiefs, 1 platoon, 1 division commander, 1 command vehicle, 2 air supply trucks, 1 hazardous materials).

They say that by the time it's all done an entire city block could be destroyed, but I don't know how they can be confident that's where it'll end.

(FYI - this is just west of the trendy part of Queen St. West, older buildings, nothing too tall).

Posts: 1243 | From: upon high | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right around the corner from my office, too. Glad I'm working at home right now.
Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of our young art directors is a competitive cyclist who's sponsored by Duke's Cycle - which has just collapsed in on itself. Sad. Great section of Queen St., that.

Indeed, AG. The smoke's as thick as pigshit down here.

Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1538

- posted      Profile for Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When it was (only) a four alarm fire it was only getting mentioned in the traffic reports due to the street closure.

That's because it has nothing to do with the Leafs.

If it was Mats Sundin's house it would've been out by now.

Posts: 1243 | From: upon high | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1538

Lipper'll post on this thread soon and then we'll have the whole set.
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It must be getting worse - I just heard another two trucks heading down college towards the fire.
Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

Who thinks this is arson, related to the plans to build a Home Despot over the parking lot at Portland and Queen?
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Air Supply trucks?

There's got to be at least a half dozen jokes in there, but I can't seem to find them.

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

They're all out of love! They're so lost without you!
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(cups hands around mouth) You suck! Get off!

However, I did think about shuffling up there to gawk at the goings-on, but worried about people thinking I was one of those losers that goes to these things just to gawk at the goings-on.

Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

I'll give a live update in an hour or so.
Member # 1538

WOM : just stand back a bit and appear to be waiting for a bus or summat - you'll blend right in. Don't forget to gizzah call if you get on camera !
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

I've already been on camera on Queen Street.

And so have you. Heh.

Any excuse to post that. Any excuse at all.

Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who's who?
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

Oh man is that funny.

Erica Ehm used to be reasonably hot.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC