This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Favourite railway station name (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Favourite railway station name
Auntie Beryl
Member # 1082

- posted      Profile for Auntie Beryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't think we've done this....

I've just returned from the West Country (Penwith since you're asking, very nice too) and whilst Last Great Western were dicking me about at Exeter I discovered a station I'd not previously been aware of...

Lympstone Commando

Do any other correspondents, etc.

Posts: 1450 | From: west by south | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How, er, long, do you think you were "stopped" there? Minutes? Hours?

Do you have any recollection at all, even in dreams, of men in combat jackets leaning over you with hypodermic needles?

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpy Pepys
Member # 511

- posted      Profile for Stumpy Pepys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oldham Mumps
Posts: 6400 | From: Old München Town | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Auntie Beryl
Member # 1082

- posted      Profile for Auntie Beryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rogin: not as far as I know, no, but I was in Exeter at the time. I was passing the time of day reading the local timetables. As one does.
Posts: 1450 | From: west by south | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mornington Crescent

Domestically: Ruggles, in Boston.

[ 21.02.2008, 18:48: Message edited by: Reed ]

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barndoorio
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Barndoorio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you win Reed.
Posts: 5360 | From: Glorious Taunton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, he was in knipp at the time.
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carstairs is the most terrifying. Beats Stuttgart for not only having trains reverse out leading you to believe you are on the wrong train, but also for the high security prison providing many passengers.
Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitter Happier
Member # 172

- posted      Profile for Fitter Happier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch,
Posts: 2717 | From: her to eternity | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willie1Foot
Member # 18

- posted      Profile for Willie1Foot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DGLH, Carstairs is a hospital for the criminally insane, not technically a prison.

My father lived in Carstairs Junction for 5 years before he died. Horrible place in the middle of one of the loveliest areas of Scotland IMO.

[ 21.02.2008, 20:10: Message edited by: Willie1Foot ]

Posts: 3221 | From: the shores of Botany Bay | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carstairs is a hospital for the criminally insane, not techically a prison.

That's worse, isn't it?

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Etruria, and Mudchute. For quite different reasons.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilC
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for evilC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and those who have fallen.
Posts: 7428 | From: such drivers' ed films as 'Alice's Adventures Through the Windshield Glass' | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willie1Foot
Member # 18

- posted      Profile for Willie1Foot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No doubt, Reed.

The first time I was there visiting my Dad, we were in Carnwath, which is a village near the hospital. As we got out of the car, a siren went off that was very much like an old air-raid siren in tone and volume which caused me to nearly soil myself. It was mounted on a ple and I noticed later that similar sirens were located all over the areas surrounding Carstairs Hospital. It was a test of the escape warning system which was run every week at the same time. Guess what time I would be planning to escape....

Posts: 3221 | From: the shores of Botany Bay | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amsterdam Centraal for two reasons: first time I saw it, I thought it was a spelling mistake. And when I see it, it means I am in Amsterdam. Yayyy.
Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC