This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Another Marathon Thread (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Another Marathon Thread
JtS
Member # 68

- posted      Profile for JtS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My mate did 3 marathons in consecutive weekends without too much trouble, I guess once you're in the swing of it, it's not that tricky.
Posts: 7076 | From: The North London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update, changing my running shoes to a new pair has eased the knee pain thank god.

After tyhe 1:15 10 miler i followed it up with a 20 miler in 2:52 which included two circuits of Ally Pally before settling down to watch the Carling cup final.
Have not been working out in the gym lately apart from doing legs which i will not be easing down on as it seems to help with my speed and stamina. Despite going really heavy, my legs are getting even thinner.

This week, did a really fast 9.75miles on thursday in 1:08!!
Friday, i did a gentle 9.5 miles in 1:17.
Just did the Milton Keynes Half this morning, i planned to go under 1:30 but tiredness kicked in after about 5 miles when i was a couple of minutes under target, I did 10 miles in about 1:10 but there was nothing left in the tank and i eased up to finish in 1:34.
I blame the fast run on Thursday for sapping my stamina, but i was still pleased with my run.

Logan, if you can do 10 miles in 1:12 consistently, you should be able to hang on for 3 miles at the same pace to get in at around 1:33?

I should have said that my 1:15 run was me running fast on my own for 3.5 miles to meet up with my work mate and doing the next 3.5 miles at 8:30 pace before sprinting home on my own for the last 3 miles.

I if get up on day feeling fresh, well rested and injury free, i am sure i can get in under 1:30. I should do a half with Ant, i am sure he can pull me along on his slipstream.

Good Luck Logan BTW and i envy Ants very impressive times.

Thanks for the donations OTFers btw (you know who you are). It will save me making up the huge difference out of my own pocket.

Two Marathons in 7 days should not be a problem as long as you don't go too crazy in your first one and avoid injury.
Currently i am hoping to do Paris in around 3:40 and London in about 3:45.
Gonna try and knock out a couple more 20 miers before i go away on the 20th and then try and do 5-10 milews every other day in ATL if possible and then do a 10 miler on the wednesday before Paris.

This is my 3rd Half-Marathon under 1:35 and i'm not limping.

Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watch out, Malc, you've got competition...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(psst, can someone tell this dope that Souljah Boy's "Do the Superman" was a dance, and not a mission statement ?)
Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did reading half marathon in an OKish 1 55. got on the pitch at the madjeski at the end as well
Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well done Rick.
Cut down on my speed work and doing more steady runs, 10.2 miles in around 1:20 and upping my gym work to strenghen my legs.

Can anyone advise the best way to upload video to Facebook?

Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC