This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Together for London (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Together for London
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there anything we are allowed to do on the bus?
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Sit quietly and travel to your destination.
Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a crock of shit.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Surely I'm not the only person who deliberately searches out the person sitting as wide as possible with the bag next to them (when there are no double-seats left on the bus) and forces them to move all their crap and then sit there for only one or two stops.
What a knob. The unspoken rule on public transport is that it's absolutely OK to make yourself comfortable by putting all your possessions onto the next seat to you, until the moment comes when a whole load of people get on and there aren't enough seats for them, and you do the decent thing and put your bag on your lap. It's you who's out of step here.

quote:
Also, why do people drink booze on Tube trains?
Because they want to get drunk? Durr.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those characters are drawn so amateurishly, you wonder that they've tried to make them look cheap on purpose in order to appeal to a certain section of society, in the same way that logos for bargain supermarkets are made to look delibertately naff.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lardinho
Member # 1208

- posted      Profile for Lardinho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, SR. I only do that once I need to sit next to someone. If there are spare double seats I sit in one of those.

It's only at that point I choose to sit next to the person who is being the biggest arse and most spread out and most unwilling to move their bags.

Posts: 4013 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh, no! Totally the opposite SR. You can be comfortable in one seat. putting your bag on the seat next to you says "you're all cunts and I don't want you next to me." Which may be true, obviously, but you know.
When you pay for 2 seats, you can have 2 seats.

Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No, SR. I only do that once I need to sit next to someone. If there are spare double seats I sit in one of those.

It's only at that point I choose to sit next to the person who is being the biggest arse and most spread out and most unwilling to move their bags.

Even if there are other spare single seats, you ought to pick one of those. By deliberately making someone move their bags when there's no need, it is you who is breaching etiquette.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

quote:
What a crock of shit.
Well I suppose you can look out the window too. Or read a book.
I mean, what is it that you want to do on the bus? Calisthetics? Have a barbeque?

Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

quote:
Ahh, no! Totally the opposite SR. You can be comfortable in one seat. putting your bag on the seat next to you says "you're all cunts and I don't want you next to me." Which may be true, obviously, but you know.
When you pay for 2 seats, you can have 2 seats.

I do think you're all cunts and I don't want you next to me, but I'm also a gentleman and I have enough civic decency to be the first to move my bag when there's an influx of people and nowhere for them to sit. I expect exactly the same from everyone else. No more, no less.
ant259
Member # 1734

- posted      Profile for ant259     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These people would have been very happy to enjoy that "crock of shit".
Posts: 1653 | From: Oviedo | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SR - I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment. By definition, cunts rarely behave in a gentlemanly fashion.
Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

Yes, but by the very fact you have your bag there, you are intimidating other people into sitting somewhere else. Which is rude.

It's like sitting on the outside of 2 seats on the bus so that people have to climb over you to sit down. It's deliberately designed to make other people feel like they can't sit there.
Which is horseshit.

Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

Yes. I'm all for stabbing people on buses. As long as it's done quietly though, and you take any litter with you.
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

quote:
Yes, but by the very fact you have your bag there, you are intimidating other people into sitting somewhere else. Which is rude.
To be honest, I don't need a bag to do that.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC