This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Super Tuesday was SO last week. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  22  23  24   
Author Topic: Super Tuesday was SO last week.
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few weeks ago, actually - and (I'm as culpable as anyone) the thread has become a bit of a poo-throwing contest about rather different issues. So let's move the election discussion again. Put the "Put The Rudy Thread To Bed" thread to bed, as it were...

So does anyone think thierry henry xiv is now running the Clinton campaign? It's the only explanation I can think of for their pinching his cunning "call someone a retard, wait until they object, then ask what it is they have against the mentally handicapped that they consider it an insult" rhetorical strategy.

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lardinho
Member # 1208

- posted      Profile for Lardinho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From my occasional dips into the more loony areas of the US right, it appears that we can expect a lot of insidious mention of "Liberation theology" and "United church of christ", to try and tar Obama with an association with both marxism and Louis Farrakhan. I don't know the connection, but it's going to be pushed in the same way the Swift Boat story is.

They're going to start off with a "nice" line, about "No, we don't claim Obama's a muslim" and then they're going to say "Actually, it's his christianity that concerns us".

It looks like this is their line of attack on "what a weaselly, evil, left-wing, terror-apologist scumbag he is".

Posts: 4013 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew Sullivan

quote:
quote:
I'm not asking you to take a leap of faith on me. Iím asking you to look at the record.
The record is that the senator's one single attempt at policy implementation - healthcare reform - was an enormous failure in which her own arrogance, secrecy and paranoia derailed universal healthcare for a decade. On the most critical foreign policy decision of her career, Iraq, she was disastrously wrong. And in terms of management experience, she clearly can't run even a campaign half-way competently. I think she'd be better off asking people to take a leap of faith, don't you?

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"No, we don't claim Obama's a muslim... Actually, it's his christianity that concerns us".
Well, that's more or less my position.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lardinho
Member # 1208

- posted      Profile for Lardinho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, of course. But this isn't going to be an attack by secularists on the place of religion in US politics. As you might well imagine.
Posts: 4013 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone care about the primaries anymore? It's like Liverpool being one up in a European tie. Obama's got a slight lead, and while it's not over 'til it's over, he's going to slowly but surely strangle the life out of the game until the final whistle. We can all go to bed. It's done.

[ 26.02.2008, 13:13: Message edited by: Antonio Gramsci ]

Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

The real question is whether Clinton can injure enough of his key players to hamper him in the next round.

The "experience" nonsense; if she harps on about it long enough then, even if she beats him, she'll have handed the terms of discourse to the far more experienced McCain. Similarly with all the dissing of hope and rhetoric.

Lardinho
Member # 1208

It's game over, Antonio. Obama's about 150 ahead on pledged delegates. Clinton pretty much needs to win every remaining state by between 15 and 20% to make up that delegate lag; and she's not going to do it. The Superdelegates, for all their theoretical power, are not going to annoint Clinton if she's got fewer of the elected delegates. Not when there is so little policy difference between the two candidates.
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
an enormous failure in which her own arrogance, secrecy and paranoia derailed universal healthcare for a decade
jesus. i never realised hillary clinton's personal shortcomings were among the most important structural factors impeding the introduction of universal health care in the US. what a bitch.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

Clinton's people have also been pointing out that delegates are not obliged to vote for their "pledged" candidates.

This could become a serious legal shitfight if it's not over by the convention...

Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not counting Hillary (or McCain for that matter) out until Obama is sitting in the White House. Victories for Hillary in Texas and Ohio makes her legitimately dangerous at the convention. There are way too many superdelegates who hitched their flags to the Clinton pole ages ago but who remain supposedly 'undecided'. There are going to be a lot of favors called in by Bill in the coming weeks.

As JV pointed out at the end of the old thread, the system is so fixed, it is impossible to be confident of anything.

Florida in 2000, Ohio in 2004, the possibility of Florida and Michigan rearing their head at the convention... and who knows what for November, take nothing for granted.

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The democrats are going to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again if they don't stop the in fighting. Obama should give her the VP spot in an attempt to keep things under wraps.
Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I continue to be of the view that HRC would not accept of a VP nomination.

Let's see where we are after March 4th. The polling data in Texas, in particular, seems to be quite mixed.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've said before that there's no way in hell her ego would let her be VP.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

Thirded.
  This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  22  23  24   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC