This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Super Tuesday was SO last week. (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  22  23  24   
Author Topic: Super Tuesday was SO last week.
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clinton this morning on CBS, on the possibility of a shared ticket:

quote:
“That may be where this is headed, but of course we have to decide who is on the top of ticket,” she said. “I think the people of Ohio very clearly said that it should be me.”
Sorry everyone else--Ohio HAS SPOKEN! We can all go home!

Fuck off, Hillary.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck off Hillary and fuck off Ohio and Texas. It seems that these two states are committed on so many levels to ruining our country.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck off, Hillary, indeed.

(Do we need a specific thread, or should we wait and see?)

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HEE-la-REE! HEE-la-REE! Vaffanculo!
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's with the doom and gloom? Clinton gained 10-15 delegates yesterday. Obama's still almost certain to win.
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She now has a much better chance of pulling superdelegates in. But more than that, she has an excuse to keep the shitfight going, dragging BHO down and down, raising more and more doubts about his ability to govern.

And that's what she'll do, she'll grind and grind away, because she's a Clinton, and that's what they do.

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GY: True, but he's lost the Mo, or that's how it'll be spun in some quarters.

[ 05.03.2008, 18:08: Message edited by: Amor de Cosmos ]

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but that hardly matters at this stage. Momentum counts in the early and mid stages of the primary, but at this stage I really don't think it counts for much. There are hardly any delegates left.

And I think the whole "Democrats are still fighting each other while McCain can fight Democrats" thing is hugely overplayed. This keeps the spotlight on the Dems and limits space and prominence media can give to fawning over McCain. And with any luck it might keep some minimal focus on policy differences and so on.

Also, the election is eight months away.

Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linus
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for linus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He should get it back and win most of the states left over: NC, Mississipi, KY, Oregon, Wyoming, etc while she will win PA with a small margin. Obama's current lead will not change, it will increase slightly.

Baasically Hillary can still win it by bending the rules (FL, Michigan and backroom manoeuvering) which of course will tear the party apart and hand over the election to McCain. She has no chance to beat him without things like strong Black support, strong youth support and the support of others who came on board due to Obama.

Posts: 1376 | From: afar | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The only reason she's still in it at all is because of her last name, her gender and his race.
i don't understand - are you saying her gender is an advantage, but his race is a disadvantage? if so, how does that work?
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GED - micropolls suggest she has been capitalising quite well on states with significant racial polarisation, particularly when they hold an open primary.

There is no comparable evidence that gender polarisation has been an influence on the electorate; the contention is that her gender has countered his race for people for whom each is a positive, and has not counted as a negative with a statistically significant number of Democratic Primary voters.

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linus
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for linus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For one thing, there are many more women in the electorate than Black people. But it's also about her whining, the idea that odds are stacked against her in this race as Hillary Clinton as opposed to Barack Obama, which is a bit laughable. She's a bit like a whiny coach who's working the refs in a tight contest. It did work yesterday though. Barack has chosen to take the high road, perhaps in good part as a reflection of his aspirations and character.

Looks like she picked up more than a dozen delegates unfortunately, a current total estimate fro the NYT has the race at 1,456.5 to 1,370.

Posts: 1376 | From: afar | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linus
Member # 73

AP projects a post-march 4 standing of 1,562 to 1,461, still quite a good lead for Obama, with HRC having picked up a net gain of 24 delegates on the night. It doesn't look so bad, considering Obama will more than hold his own the rest of the way, HRC scored most of her points tonight in the PR column.

The main fallacy about HRC is that she is now asserting that she can win the big states and battleground states, when in fact she was able to win the democratic primary contests there. Not the same thing of course. She's still less likely to carry those states than Obama vs McCain because her appeal to independents and other constituencies is more limited and she galvanizes the right.

[ 05.03.2008, 19:11: Message edited by: linus ]

Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just think that if she were everything she is, except male, that she wouldn't be doing nearly as well among women and I think, although I cannot be sure, that if Obama were white, that he'd be doing a bit better among the lower education whites.

I also think that there's a subtle race issue being put across from the Clinton camp when they accuse his support of being Latte Liberals. The not too subtle accusation is that wealthy white people vote for him to assuage their "white guilt."

I also believe that the cannard that he is the most liberal member of congress or the senate (Media Matters did a nice piece on why that's bullshit) gets more credence among independents and more conservative Democrats because he's black and his name is Obama. His opponents want voters to look at him and see Al Sharpton, not Jeb Bartlett.

I think this will be a bigger issue in the general election than the primaries, of course.

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linus
Member # 73

Good points Reed.
  This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  22  23  24   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC