This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Super Tuesday was SO last week. (Page 14)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  22  23  24   
Author Topic: Super Tuesday was SO last week.
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
she'll grind and grind away, because she's a Clinton, and that's what they do
Woof! (Sorry...)
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meanwhile, in unrelated news. I really did live in the best place in the US didn't I?
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I just think that if she were everything she is, except male, that she wouldn't be doing nearly as well among women "

She'd probably be doing better among men.

[ 06.03.2008, 15:13: Message edited by: Ginger Yellow ]

Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I really did live in the best place in the US didn't I?"

In many respects, yes. Although, I admit that I'd rather my town council spend their time figuring out how to keep the snow off the roads and how to provide health care insurance to the garbage men, etc, then passing purely symbolic resolutions.

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"I just think that if she were everything she is, except male, that she wouldn't be doing nearly as well among women "

She'd probably be doing better among men.

Quite, and I think you could call similar on Obama with some of his appeal in politicizing the 18-25 year olds.

It's a bit of "if my Aunt had bollocks, she'd be my uncle".

Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Hillary's gender is more of an asset among women than a liability among men.

Obama's ability to attract young people has little to do with his race or gender.

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is what the polls suggest alright, Reed.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heard a rather shocking number on Ted Koppel's NPR "All Things Considered" commentary last night--25% of Clinton's voters have said that they might vote for McCain if she isn't nominated, versus 10% of Obama's supporters. Those figures are from a Pew Research Center for the People and the Press survey, though I don't know which one exactly.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
25% of Clinton voters are idiots then?

We are so fucked.

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

And yet, my impression is that Obama people generally dislike Clinton far more than vice versa. That dislike is going to only grow as she continues to plug away in this race that she cannot win legitimately.
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not so certain that Obama's "change" rhetoric would have quite so many kids handing me political fliers and posting posters around my school if it wasn't for his race. It is just a feeling, and I will never have anything to support it. And frankly it is a very positive thing. It is rare to see undergrads so politically activated nowadays.
Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing the high number of Clinton supporters that would consider voting for McCain might be older voters and working class white men. To be fair, it's not that they wouldn't support Obama at all, but it's a worryingly high number that would even entertain the possibility of a McCain presidency.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

I suppose his Change message is more believable coming from a black guy, since he'd be the first. But Hillary would be a first too and her Change message doesn't seem as believable. I also think that Obama's age helps him a lot with younger people as is his "inexperience." He's not connected, or not perceived to be connected, with sell-out losers like Terry McCauliff and the DLC.

It's rare to see undergraduates politically activated this late in the race. I think a lot of kids were pretty charged up about Howard Dean, but then when he got railroaded out, interest dropped off.

Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"And yet, my impression is that Obama people generally dislike Clinton far more than vice versa. That dislike is going to only grow as she continues to plug away in this race that she cannot win legitimately. "

I think that's true, but I think it's pretty easily explained. First, Clinton has spent her entire Senate career pissing off the stereotypical Obama supporter with her economic triangulation, cultural conservatism (flag burning, video game censorship etc) and hawkishness. Second, her (campaign's) attacks on Obama have been far more ad hominem than his on her, at least before last week, which is bound to arise ire.

Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coffy
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Coffy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I ever get the time, I want to look at results of the primaries so far to guess at which one would deliver more states (and their electoral votes), especially states that haven't gone D lately.
Posts: 3014 | From: where the action is | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  22  23  24   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC