This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Super Tuesday was SO last week. (Page 22)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24   
Author Topic: Super Tuesday was SO last week.
Taylor
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Taylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Obama's senior strategist David Axelrod
Sadly, not the David Axelrod.
Posts: 3395 | From: further over there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure if Clarence is still radioactive after nearly 20 years. His interview on 60 Minutes was brilliant, and his autobiography was well-received. The only way he'd not run is the fact that he's the most private man ever. Vice-President is not the way to live a private life.

Many people may be surprised to see sects of black Republicans in the South. As in Party of Lincoln black Republicans. As in they've been black Republican families since the 1860's.

After all, it was the Southern Democrats who were the party of the Klan (and I suppose Klu Kluck Bill,) and who instituted the Jim Crow laws.

Alan Keyes may be one of these. Now he's radioactive.

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keyes beat Giuliani in a couple of states, which I found hilarious.
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Obama appeals to people's hope (that word) that here's a politician who's actually decent, and HRC is a symbol of the cynical, ethicallyu bankrupt opposite. That is why I suppose many people vilify her.

I lost any sympathy for her when she promised to continue the US hardline against Cuba recently...

doesn't that sum up the problem? anyone who gets to be US president inherits and has to administer US imperial policy. they have to be president of the actual US, not the imaginary US they may or may not like it to be. they can only rule with the consent of the governed, they're not a pharoah who can bend the kingdom to their will. they all have to swear in advance to defend america's interests, not to shrink from using force against america's enemies, they even all have to pretend to believe in god. by the time they reach the top the individual has been filtered out.

would an obama presidency revolutionise american foreign policy? if so he'd be some man for one man. america is a superpower, it throws its weight around no matter who is in the white house. it seems pointless to set one candidate up as the incarnation of hope and the other as a "vile" and "psychotic" hate figure, when in reality we are talking about a couple of ambitious lawyers on the hustle. i suspect clinton and obama agree on virtually everything.

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
garcia, I have reported your ludicrous and offensive post to the admins. Frankly, I hope you're banned for life after that performance.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"couple of lawyers on the hustle" = hilarious.

Perhaps ursus can substantiate that claim, or give the tell-tale signs of lawyers on the hustle.

My favorite was Ron Paul beating Giuliani in some states, and TPM referring to him as Giuliani's "mortal enemy."

Between Giuliani, Spitzer, and Clinton, this hasn't been the best season for New Yawkuz.

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

"would an obama presidency revolutionise american foreign policy? "

That's the thing. Sometimes new face/new blood = new policies. Things do change in American policy. Nixon being the man to open up to China being one.

Obama may talk to the next guard of Miami Cubans, just about all of whom want the embargo to be finished. Because he's a new face, and because Castro (the real one) has stepped down, and because he has nothing to do with the policies or promises of the past, he may be the one to do it.

There was talk of peaceful "step downs." As in people who supported Bush, who despise what he's done. Because Clinton is so polarizing (again, not sure if it's her fault due to the witch hunts,) these Republicans would come out against her. Because Obama engages them, it would be a peaceful step down of power to someone they don't mind leading the country. In that Obama isn't running against Republicans, he's running against the Iraq War and other of their disastrous policies.

ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lawyers on the hustle do not spend as much time on otf as I do.
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

See ? We just whittled the number down by 1.
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ferraro has sensibly followed Samantha Power's line, withdrawn her comment, and apologised for it.

No wait, she hasn't;

quote:
"Any time anybody does anything that in any way pulls this campaign down and says let's address reality and the problems we're facing in this world, you're accused of being racist, so you have to shut up," Ferraro said. "Racism works in two different directions. I really think they're attacking me because I'm white. How's that?"

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

Clinton's Bosnia trip in full.

Keith Olbermann's doing a Special Comment on her tomorrow. Expect fireworks.

Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"It's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI5EY5kqiBU&eurl=http://www.matthewgood.org/2008/03/you-have-to-be-asleep-to-believe-it-pt1/

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not the first time Ferraro has said that about a black candidate:

quote:
Placid of demeanor but pointed in his rhetoric, Jackson struck out repeatedly today against those who suggest his race has been an asset in the campaign. President Reagan suggested Tuesday that people don't ask Jackson tough questions because of his race. And former representative Geraldine A. Ferraro (D-N.Y.) said Wednesday that because of his "radical" views, "if Jesse Jackson were not black, he wouldn't be in the race."

Asked about this at a campaign stop in Buffalo, Jackson at first seemed ready to pounce fiercely on his critics. But then he stopped, took a breath, and said quietly, "Millions of Americans have a point of view different from" Ferraro's.

Discussing the same point in Washington, Jackson said, "We campaigned across the South . . . without a single catcall or boo. It was not until we got North to New York that we began to hear this from Koch, President Reagan and then Mrs. Ferraro . . . . Some people are making hysteria while I'm making history."

What I can't believe is that the quote that got all of the attention came from an interview with the South Bay newspaper the Daily Breeze. It's just about a step above the Springfield Shopper.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

Too angry?

I thought it was spot on.

Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will Bunch of the Philadelphia Daily News blog Attytood talks about Hillary's Archie Bunker strategy.

Olbermann gave Clinton a lot of credit by saying that her advisors have lead her astray, implying that she has nothing to do with the things her surrogates have said about Obama.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC