This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Super Tuesday was SO last week. (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  22  23  24   
Author Topic: Super Tuesday was SO last week.
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought NAFTA was unpopular in Canada.

It was the fact that it was done — or perceived to be done —without public consultation that seriously pissed people off. The taint still lingers.

Otherwise what AG said.

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TPM edit of Tim Russert's questions.

Even when he asks something I'm glad he did, like the Clinton tax return, he still comes off like a giant douche.

There was an SNL sketch in 2000, when Hillary was running against Rick Lazio. It was Russert questioning them both, and every question for Hillary began with "Hillary...Rodham...Clinton" Her response (played by Ana Gastayer back then) was something like "You say my name like I've been bad in school!"

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Russert looks like the sort of guy you'd want to kick in the nads in real life too. I've seen him around.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps the Global Warming...Yeah Right kid on the right is his son.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Villain
Member # 468

- posted      Profile for Villain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So whats the scores on the doors on the Dems side?

Who's winning and how many more do they need?

Can this be sorted next week, cos I'm kind of sick of the Dems tearing themselves apart?

Posts: 2049 | From: Croydon init | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Clinton loses both Ohio and Texas it is definitely over for her. Even if she only loses Texas, there will be significant pressure on her to drop out (especially given that her lead in Pennsylvania, which is the only remaining large state) is evaporating.
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It can only be absolutely sorted if one of them quits. Obama needs to win 75% of all remaining delegates - and that includes contests in April and May in places like Pennsylvania and Puerto Rico - in order to win outright before the convention (i.e. that he would have enough delegates from primaries to win the nomination even if every single superdelegate voted against him).

As long as HRC stays in, she can take it to the convention. Whether she will or not is an open question. Conventional wisdom is that she now needs to win all three of Ohio, Texas and Pennsylvania by substantial margins in order to have a chance of overtaking Obama's pledged delegate count. If she loses even one of the three, her situation becomes essentially untenable with respect to pledged delegates, but she could still fight on in the (increasingly unlikely) hope that she could win thanks to the votes of the "superdelegates".

Does that make sense?

Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
gah.
Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. I was going to go through the math, too, then decided that it didn't really matter.
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

I suppose not.

I'm getting bored of this election, though. Can we have an election somewhere else? Say, Italy?

ursus arctos
Member # 1452

Don't start with me, man.

I'm still hoping against hope that Berlusconi's lead will evaporate like Real Madrid's, but I haven't yet determined who will play the roles of Almeria, Betis and Getafe.

ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Normally I leave these things well alone, Toro, because I just can't be bothered, but your aggressive behaviour on this and other threads is becoming beyond a joke, and I'm buggered if I'm going to leave this alone just because I know the person I'm having a conversation with is liable to get abusive.

quote:
Hey, Andy, I've an idea.

Let's turn this into another squabble about what happened on the other thread, making that other thread unusable for sensible discussion of US politics. That way, this thread too will become totally unusable. Brilliant!

You, sir, are a veritable genius.

First of all, let's not be all melodramatic - the other thread is not "unusable". Just because it went into some Nader siding for a while there is no reason why it has to stay there, and more than this thread cannot be used by people uninterested in this meta-debate.

Because you really can't expect that no-one will call you on stuff like this:
quote:
(I'm as culpable as anyone) the thread has become a bit of a poo-throwing contest about rather different issues.
Poo-throwing solitaire, perhaps, since there was only one person doing any throwing. Which of course also means that "I'm as culpable as anyone" is pretty laughable. You alone were culpable. Nobody else. All anybody else did was disagree with you. If that made the thread "unusable" or if you regard other people expressing an opinion different from yours as "poo throwing" then so be it. But you've some neck suggesting that this was somehow an equal problem on all sides.

For what it's worth I still cannot understand your vitriol towards Nader and have no idea how anyone can blame Nader for Bush being in the White House, and I would actually like to try and understand that point of view, because I regard it as so far from any reality that I exist in that it intrigues me. (Especially when it comes from someone who I know to be intelligent) But that debate has obviously passed now. Shame.

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well said, ad hoc.

Back off please, Toro.

Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

Ad hoc, I'm in transit, but will take a crack at this on the other thread later this morning.
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd typed a first reply on this thread when it started that simply said

As?

before deciding it needed something less waspish and more considered, which ad hoc has now helpfully provided. I hope a quick skim-through of the relevant thread, in a tranquil mood, might help toro suss why it is that "I'm as culpable as anybody" made so many (well, at least three, by the look of it) jaws drop.

Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  22  23  24   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC