This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » URGENT buggin’ of OTF Nuovo York experts! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: URGENT buggin’ of OTF Nuovo York experts!
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I’m at 50th and Broadway, in Little Italy, and want to find a place that will show Milan-Arsenal, any good suggestions how to find a sportsbar, or whatever kind of place, that will show it?

I seem to remember a site which had sportsbars across the world listed.

Help me jason v Kenobie, you’re my only hope.

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're back!!!

New York has loads of places showing the football these days. I watched a French cup game in a bar near the Empire State Building in December. Everyone else sat at the bar (and the barman) seemed very interested in the match and I think all of them were locals.

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YOU are NOT in Little Italy (or anywhere close).

You are, however, very lucky, as it so happens that ESPN2 have picked that game to show live today.

For the true over the top American sports extravagansa experience, walk down Broadway to the "ESPN Zone" in Times Square (around 43rd, on the east side of the street) and tell them you want a table with a view of the game.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PPV! Glad you are back!

What you want is Nevada Smith's, on 3rd between 11th and 12th. Arguably the best footie bar in the new world.

But it will be packed with Arsenal fans.

Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilC
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for evilC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello again, PPV.

Perhaps a nearby newsagent might also have a copy of Time Out (New York). That might mention such things?

Posts: 7428 | From: such drivers' ed films as 'Alice's Adventures Through the Windshield Glass' | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're either at 50th and Broadway, or your in Little Italy--they're not close to one another (maybe that's Hell's Kitchen?).

The one really famous soccer bar I know of is Nevada Smith's, but that's on the Lower East Side, I think. I think there's a good chance that you could find the game in an average, non-soccer bar, though.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I told you he'd be back.
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Use the Force, ganja. I'm sure that New York's finest will be able to help you...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not, ursus, it's a very good mate of mine. He's in Milan colours so chances are he'll bump into someone that will comment on it and he'll be sorted, maybe?

Cheers, Antonio. He'd really want to be sat with Italians.

Inca, I got him wrong. He wants to go to Little Italy and watch the game.

NYR-NYI are playing tonight as well.

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Inca makes me feel proud.

You should also be able to convince the guys at Rosie O'Grady's (corner of 7th and 52nd) to put the game on on at least one of the their tvs. For a more intimate (though French) atmosphere, you could try Cafe des Sports (on 51st just off 8th). Any reasonably ethnic looking bar on Ninth Avenue should be showing it as well.

BTW, you are three blocks from the tenement in which my mother was born, so try to behave.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I may have only been there twice, but I know my New York.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

Little Italy almost doesn't exist anymore (the neighborhood has become almost completely Chinese), but he can try "L'Angolo" on West Houston and Thompson.
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nevada Smith's is a Man Utd-Chelsea bar, so it may be an enemy-of-my-enemy type of vibe. It's on 3rd ave and 11th street (lawd have mercy, unless Little Italy has moved to midtown and the Lower East Side has moved to the East Village.) But call the ESPN Zone @ (212) 921-3776. If they are showing it, go in an hour or two early just in case. That shit could fill up fast (especially with numerous workers having late afternoon "meetings".)

AssCrack Milan has a junior camp in NYC;
http://www.milanjuniorcamp.com/us/index.htm

Islanders-Rangers should be a great match to go to, as the Rangers have been playing very well as of late. Young team, on the rise, all of that. It's probably the best derby in hockey as well. See if any "Potvin Sucks" chants break out.

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

quote:
AssCrack Milan has a junior camp in NYC
We got out just in time . . .
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

Thank you all, have good one.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC