This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » OTFathon - London - Easter 2008 (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: OTFathon - London - Easter 2008
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's Maundy Thursday though so there'll probly be a lot of office people getting pissed before the horror of 4 days with the family.

Also, the Louise is crammed to bursting every bastard night these days. I wish they'd never done the refurb.

Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How early would you be starting? I fancy popping down, but my last train is stupidly early (9.00)
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maundy Thursday always makes me think of Apollonia in the Godfather. "Maundy, Thursday, Tuesday, KABOOOM."
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are we meeting tomorrow? I need to ensure that I'm correctly dressed...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, I am now otherwise engaged this weekend.

And might I suggest that any future London -thons should be held on the last Friday of the month, as financial considerations might be a lot easier for some (and later travelling time home too)

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Poster
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Bill Poster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So do we have a venue or what?

My suggestion is the Coal Hole on the Strand - if the upstairs bar that you walk into off the Strand itself is too crowded then we can decamp to the cellar bit. There's usually seats in there.

They sell Taylor Landlord and usually another 3 or so Real Ales and a good choice of wine.

Posts: 1605 | From: Here to Eternity | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's even smaller than the Angel, although I didn't realise there was a downstairs. That said, it's very close to work and I love Landlord, so I'm good with that idea.
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Poster
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Bill Poster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so that's two of us. Any more? I'll be there from about 5pm onwards I should think.
Posts: 1605 | From: Here to Eternity | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got work and other social commitments to juggle tomorrow, but I anticipate being there at some point, probably later on. Now can someone just name a sodding venue. Enough 'consultative democracy' already. I want a vanguardist 'piss-up Tsar' to just name a place and instruct us to attend.

[ 19.03.2008, 18:24: Message edited by: E10Rifle ]

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Poster
Member # 114

I'm nominating myself to be Pissed Up Tsar and we will be at the Coal Hole - downstairs - from 5pm. There...
Taylor
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Taylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They sell Taylor Landlord and usually another 3 or so Real Ales and a good choice of wine.
I read that as "they sell Taylor's Landlord", and was for about a second picturing a pub flogging off a grumbly old man who refuses to allow me a wheelie bin then complains when foxes rip the bin bags open.

I may well turn up to this, anyway.

Posts: 3395 | From: further over there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good. And, EIM, show up, and I'll buy you a pint. I owe you.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, surely we can float anyone with cashflow issues.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have cashflow issues - I have a tenner to last me till the start of April. I was going to vote for the Lyceum on that basis... or I could actually be a grown-up and make one drink last if everyone else wants the Coal Hole. I always think of the Coal Hole as quite posh.
Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

- posted      Profile for Tubby Isaacs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lyra, the recommended amount of drink for a woman of your age is well under 10's worth. I'm talking social acceptability, not medicine, because the latter changes too often.
Posts: 18279 | From: Georgica | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC