This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » My Mother is dead (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: My Mother is dead
evilC
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for evilC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is all.

I'm not a 'man of words', so I haven't got much to add.

Just heard from my brother.

Cancer, so it was expected.

Went to see her yesterday - her birthday - in the hospice and I think this is probably what you would call a 'merciful release'. She wasn't conscious, but I have to hope she heard my words.

Never lost anyone close - relative or friend - before, so when this hits me - which it hasn't yet - I don't really know what to expect.

Just awaiting the various phone calls now.

I think I'll go to the supermarket as soon as possible, get some beer and get very drunk.

Dunno if I'll be keeping a low profile on here for a while or not.

Taylor - for what you wrote about your Dad and the way you wrote it, I think you're the bravest man alive.

Posts: 7428 | From: such drivers' ed films as 'Alice's Adventures Through the Windshield Glass' | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My deepest condolences, Clive.
Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ant259
Member # 1734

- posted      Profile for ant259     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad news. I'm very sorry to hear it, and hope you can find some consolation.
Posts: 1653 | From: Oviedo | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingco
Member # 93

- posted      Profile for wingco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh God, Clive, so sorry.
Posts: 4035 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christ. Condolences, Clive.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah fucking hell Clive. So sorry. Take care, and hope you get through this OK. Don't know what else to say really.

Condolences

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sympathies, Clive, look after yourself and your family.
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sorry Clive. Do what you gotta do to get through it.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sympathies Clive.
Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

- posted      Profile for Crusoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So sorry, Clive. Thoughts are with you and your family. Can't imagine how it feels, but even if you're not a man of words, please feel free to unburden yourself anytime (and I'm sure I'm not alone in that offer).
Posts: 6300 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please just know that we're all thinking of you and we're here for you. Massive hugs.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linus
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for linus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So sorry to hear about that Clive, deepest condolences from across the pond.
Posts: 1376 | From: afar | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolf 2
Member # 1331

- posted      Profile for Wolf 2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thoughts are with you Clive, stay strong.
Posts: 2032 | From: this world to the next. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Furtho
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for Furtho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Condolences from me, too, Clive.
Posts: 2913 | From: The Slow Lane | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scotian42
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Scotian42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts and condolences are with you.
Posts: 252 | From: The Before Time, in the Long, Long Ago | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC