This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » I don't like falling asleep on the toilet (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I don't like falling asleep on the toilet
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's like the time we all had an end-of-year dinner for London Student newspaper in a Thai restaurant on Goodge St, and when it was time to go home we couldn't work out where Pete The Hippy was, and it turned out he'd fallen asleep in the bogs and had to be let out by one of the cleaners in the morning.

Um, carry on.

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've fallen asleep on the bog many times, always through extreme drunkenness.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It must only be possible on toilets near a wall. Surely there has to be something to lean against. The chances of settling in a posture that's sufficiently balanced to allow one to sleep must be very low, especially if one's sense of balance is impaired by inebriation.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's always the cistern to lean against.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Who actually falls asleep on the toilet? Under what circumstances do you fall asleep on the toilet? Extreme exhaustion? Extreme inebriation? It's not the sort of spot you can just curl up on and doze off.
In my days as a graphic designer at British Gas (around twenty years back now), I used to nip to my favourite end cubicle in the gents for forty winks on quite a regular basis. As long as I didn't zone out completely, nobody was going to be any the wiser. The loos were quiet and, as one might expect, well-maintained, so why not?

(I used to 'adjust' my time clock as well - but that's another story...)

Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One bum-connected fear I have is falling asleep on public transport. Okay, falling asleep/unconscious on the crapper is a sticky situation in more senses on one, but you have a fair degree of privacy when you come around, enough to rectify the situation.

Falling asleep on the metro on a time-consuming journey, say, is a bit of a risk really, considering that certain parts of your anatomy acquire a little bit of independence when you're under. Such as your gob. If you talk in your sleep ("No...uhnn...Mr. Danson..it'sh big enough...put...uuurrggh...put it away..."), then your fellow commuters will have a wry smile and something to tell the folks at work when they get there. And there's other parts of the body. Like your arse. Letting one off is a huge risk if you're asleep and your rump decides to have fun, freed from the control of your consciousness. Your fellow commuters nasal passages pay the price and you'll probably look a right numpty when you wake up. Before you say anything, no, I do not speak from personal experience - although I did get a fume-filled load from a bloke one morning on the tram as he burped while slumbering.

If people elect to sleep next to you on the bus or tram, can we pop around to their place and kip there when we feel like it?

Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I once woke up on a BA flight to find myself sucking on my shirt collar. I had been dreaming I was kissing someone. Can't remember who.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
certain parts of your anatomy acquire a little bit of independence when you're under
My fear is that I'll fall asleep in a public place and become conspicuously priapic.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scotian42
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Scotian42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to fall asleep on the metro all the time when I was commuting into downtown DC. The rocking motion was always just enough to lull me into a light sleep. Somehow, I always managed to wake up just as we pulled out of my penultimate stop. I guess my internal clock was sensitive enough to know that I needed to wake up. And the sleep was rarely that sound - though once or twice I did suddenly jerk awake much to the surprise of my seatmate...
Posts: 252 | From: The Before Time, in the Long, Long Ago | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackdogbeak
Member # 12747

- posted      Profile for blackdogbeak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not falling asleep, but you've brought to mind my grimmest toilet story.

Fella I vaguely know (friend of a friend type) gets back to his girlfriend's flat in a roaring state after a night on the town. Goes for a piss. He's stood there pissing, and realises he's going to be sick. As he starts to chuck, he stumbles back and lands on his arse, at which point he becomes horribly aware that he's shat himself and all. He's sat on the floor of his girlfriend's flat in an advanced state of confusion, covered in piss, vomit and clarts.

Before I detail his response to all this, I should point out this is some big burly fucker from Westhoughton - people from Bolton look down on Westhoughton as being full of hicks. Bolton.

Anyway, in his gloriously addled state, he decides the best way to sort this out would be to start pulling turds from his boxers with his hands and forcing them down the drain in the shower. In an absolutely classic flourish, it is at this point his missus walks into the bathroom to see what all the noise is about.

Posts: 651 | From: the muddy banks of the irwell | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I assume she quickly became his ex?
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My fear is that I'll fall asleep in a public place and become conspicuously priapic.
As you get older, a bigger fear is becoming priapic in a private place then falling asleep.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was living out in West London, I always used to fall asleep on the Hammersmith-Acton Town leg of the Piccadilly line.

I don't think I've ever fallen asleep on a toilet, although it's possible I just don't remember it. I've had quite a few 15 minute hangover naps on the floor of the disabled toilet at work, though.

Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've fallen asleep drunk in the cubicle in one of those big-ass convention hotel washrooms. Ooo...that was a bad night.

But the best was at university, when this rich, beautiful, snotty, miserable, stuck-up c*nt of a girl came home drunk and passed out in the co-ed washroom with her pants around her ankles.

Two or three people were standing over her, trying to figure out what to do, when this lovely quiet, shy, 'wouldn't say shit if he had a mouthful' guy named Malcolm walked in, ran back out, and arrived back in about 5 seconds with his camera. He snapped a few shots and then said "We should help her now". Fucking gold.

Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

Not sure the punishment was entire commensurate with the crime there, to be honest.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC