This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Yep, it's that time of the year again.. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Yep, it's that time of the year again..
The Purple Cow
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for The Purple Cow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...It's criticize the latest version of my website time.

Getting my excuses in first, we had almost no budget, and we put it together with open-source blogging software.

Posts: 5801 | From: Amsterdam | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dark grey type on a black background annoys me. I fear I'll go blind. The orange in your headings is also a tad too dark for my delicate eyes.

I do like the uncluttered look.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etienne
Member # 95

- posted      Profile for Etienne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agree with both G-Man criticisms.

I'd have an embedded link on the title of each featured project as well as the view below, unless you're determined that everyone should read the text before checking the work.

Posts: 7411 | From: some place more ... you know. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's tidy enough, but there's nothing about the design that jumps out and grabs you. Have you considered making it a liquid layout? It looks rather cramped on a 1280x1024 monitor, you could really make use of the extra space.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this was going to be a thread about your dealings with the IRS. It is that time of year again too.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loose Cannon ?
Member # 642

- posted      Profile for Loose Cannon ?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah - excitement at last!
Posts: 1904 | From: a grassy knoll | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(does TPC still have the recording studio ?)

Love the stainless steel/brushed aluminum picture in the middle.

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree the orange could work better if a bit brighter. The grey text doesn't bother me.
Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The copy in the Scopus thing jumps from third person to first person.
Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Purple Cow
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for The Purple Cow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the feedback, all.

Are you saying that the headings colour looks orange on your computers? Or are you saying it should look orange? It might be a Mac/PC thing.

Does anyone else have a problem with the typeface? I find it very difficult to read.

WOM, where exactly? I can't find it.

Posts: 5801 | From: Amsterdam | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was on the homepage, but they seem to rotate through. It says "Scopus approached Reeves..." "Reeves conducted...." and then "We designed...". It seemed to be jumping from third person to first. A couple of the case study things do it, and a couple don't. The urology one does it, too.
Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TPC, I found the font a bit iffy. I wear glasses and still had to peer at it (bit squashed)

Colour scheme is fine, as it makes the adverts jump out at you.

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, is it meant to be brown? It looks like a faded orange at first glance.
Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guff daddy
Member # 12234

- posted      Profile for guff daddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On my system (IE7.0.5730.13/ XPSP2) for some reason this site disables the0 scrollbars/scroll function - whether in a sized box or full screen, I can't scroll down to view the full page.
Posts: 28 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Purple Cow
Member # 50

"Ah, is it meant to be brown? It looks like a faded orange at first glance."

I'm not sure what it's supposed to be, on our business cards and letter-head it's copper-foil.

WoM thanks, I'll get that changed.

G.D. I'll get them to look at that. Getting sites to work on a variety of O.S.'s and browsers is the toughest thing.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC