This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Stress (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Stress
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel a bit bad about not rising to SR's challenge on the "corned beef Kelly Osbourne" thread, but to tell you the truth, I'm in a bit of a dour mood at the moment. My son's having teacher nightmares at primary school, and moreover has been offered his fifth choice for secondary transfer: a school where there are kids who used to bully him, and about which he feels really negative. He's just told us he hates living in London. And our cat's gone deaf and blind (and shows no signs of acquiring a compensatory skill at pinball) and we're probably going to have to have him killed, because he's suffering and there's no cure.

I react very badly to stress these days, ever since the Events of 2003 (which some of you know about). I get down on myself, and suffer a few depression-like symptoms (mercifully, these seem to wear off pretty quickly; I'm sure this is no exception). I'm necking Nytol every evening and that's getting me through the nights, but I'm slightly on autopilot during the day, and punning seems to be a casualty for the moment. Plus, if I jump down anyone's throat on a politics thread, apologies in advance.

I'd as soon not talk about the school thing; events are in train, and we'll just have to see what happens. Just, you know, please cut me a bit of slack in various ways until I return to my usual devil-may-care self, spreading happiness to all as I go by. People are of course going through troubles fifty times as bad, including people we know and love round here.

I'm well up for a pint over the next few days, by the way.

Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear this Phil. Hope things sort themselves out without too much need for chemical compensation strategies.
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's rotten. All the best and all that. I hope things pick up soon.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horse
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for The Horse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck, that's the sort of major shit sandwich I'm already dreading with The Foal. Really hope it works out, Phil.
Posts: 8111 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Mudhsuden
Member # 1072

- posted      Profile for Mighty Mudhsuden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it makes you feel any better, I laughed to myself when I read this:

quote:
And our cat's gone deaf and blind (and shows no signs of acquiring a compensatory skill at pinball)

Posts: 2061 | From: Hackensack... is that all you get for your money? | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You Are The Ref
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for You Are The Ref     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah shit. Hope things pick up soon Wyatt.

quote:
Fuck, that's the sort of major shit sandwich I'm already dreading with The Foal.
I seem to have missed some major news. If so, congratulations, Horse.
Posts: 1891 | From: Saddam Hussein's secret stockpile of white ladies wrists | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Furtho
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for Furtho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chin up, chief.
Posts: 2913 | From: The Slow Lane | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Poster
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Bill Poster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about your situation Wyatt. I hope things improve soon.
Posts: 1605 | From: Here to Eternity | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What YATR said. Sounds like congrats are in order Horse. So, many many congrats.
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horse
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for The Horse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(The thread was called The Foal. Last October. And thanks! All good so far.)

[ 07.03.2008, 12:16: Message edited by: The Horse ]

Posts: 8111 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nocturnal Submission
Member # 1371

- posted      Profile for Nocturnal Submission     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, just to echo what others have said, I hope that things improve speedily.
Posts: 2168 | From: Revelling In The Hole | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What they said, Wyatt.

One of the best things about our lives here is that ursus minor's school experience has been brilliant. I've always found it easier to deal with stressful situations that affect me directly, rather than those that plague the lives of the people I love (not that the first kind are easy, of course).

And what Mudhsuden said about "Tommy" the cat; you haven't lost it.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Purves Grundy
Member # 698

- posted      Profile for Purves Grundy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, shit, man. All the best to you and young J. I'd definitely take you up on the pint thing but I'm about to sod off to Cape Town with work. If it doesn't get arranged for while I'm away then I'll definitely be up for it on my return.
Posts: 7499 | From: A Gun | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, chin up and good luck, Phil. (And that line about pinball proves you haven't lost it, even in the darkest hour.)
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Annoying times, WE. You've now explained to me why I no longer seem to be able to think fast enough for those pun-threads. Is the mooted Maundy-athon too long a wait?
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC