This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Stress (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Stress
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Real sorry PR. But cats can live fine with that condition as long as you don't move the furniture. If it's been living in the same house for many years, they use their sense of smell more than anything and can live a happy enough life. If there's sun shining in a window, it will just sleep there all day. Just try to stick your finger in front of its nose before you sneak up on it so it can know you're there.
Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope things improve for you mate. I'm more or less always up for a beer (not that that's likely to make you feel any better.) I think GO should arrange something for before Maunday Thursday.
Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It makes me feel sad to know that you and your son are going through this (and your cat too). You have always been there for me in times of need and if there is any way I can return the favour, just say the word.

Love ya, PR!

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What Jason says is true. My dad had a cat which went blind and possibly deaf too, and kept it until it died of old age, just by not moving the furniture. (Not that I'd think less of you if you opted for the other solution. Especially if the poor bugger's in pain.)
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have two cats. Amber is the 17-year-old, and Mini is 7. Amber basically raised Mini, and they played all the time. Mini got cataracts.

She's a very brave cat who chases off male cats all the time, and soon started attacking Amber as Amber didn't look like Amber anymore. So I had to go through a process of waiting for Mini to attack Amber (usually during feeding time as that's the one time they were together,) and immediately grabbing both of them and sticking Mini's nose in Amber's butt to let her know to use her smell more than her eyes. Now everything's back to normal and Mini constantly sniffs everything before she makes her decisions.

My cousin had a cat born without eyes and who was deaf (she said she wanted to get it a seeing-eye dog.) That cat lived 20 years, and even went outdoors (granted, to a smooth black shale tile in the backyard that was very warm in the sunlight.)

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, everyone.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about all this, Wyatt.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about this, WE. PM for you.
Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the best Wyatt. I really wish a lot of you bunch lived on the same continent as me so I could offer you a pint now and then, in addition to a supportive word.
Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's one feasible medium-term solution, actually. But I'm getting way ahead of myself.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope things get better soon, Wyatt. Take care of yourself until then. Your wisdom on topics great and small is always missed when you're not around.
Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear this Wyatt. Is there anything that can be done re the school thing? Really hope something can be sorted.

And a stress-relieving pint should definitely be done soon - haven't seen you in yonks.

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

There's an appeals process, there are waiting lists and there's moving.
fritz in a fez
Member # 911

- posted      Profile for fritz in a fez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been thinking that Wyatt was called Chris for the last 2 years.
Posts: 4815 | From: London | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

Most people are.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC