This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Osaka questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Osaka questions
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

- posted      Profile for Bomb A Nero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend is going there next weekend. She's not a fan of sushi. What can she eat and where should she look for it?

She also likes Japanese football merchandise (after a little prompting from me). Is there a place she can easily find Orange! Happy!! Football!!! stuff in Osaka?

Any other recommendations will of course be welcome, but I rather selfishly would like advice on shopping for football merchandise first.

Posts: 2903 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
They
Member # 545

- posted      Profile for They     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ramen. She can get it at ramen bars, which are dotted all around the place. It's different class.

Didn't see much in the way of football merchandise around Osaka when I was there, and there was a World Cup on then. Lots of electrical appliance shops, and Osaka has one of the biggest shopping centres I've ever seen in a city centre, but I didn't really see anything football related.

One thing I found in Osaka much more than in Tokyo and Sapporo, was an uncomfortably high number of bags and shirts with random messages emblazoned on them. The sort that say "Standard Love Marvellous Joy".

Oh, and if she gets the chance, get on the train and spend half a day in Kyoto.

Posts: 1000 | From: The Mouthes Of Babes Come Burps | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Furtho
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for Furtho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best place for football merchandise is going to be at the Gamba or Cerezo shops, BAN. I'd suggest your mate get some local help to find one of the Gamba stores that are listed here, or the Cerezo equivalent, here. It'll be club-specific stuff, mind, so no chance whatsoever of any O!H!!F!!!
Posts: 2913 | From: The Slow Lane | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Furtho
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for Furtho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, forgot about food. Osaka's best known for okonomiyaki and takoyaki. The former is, rather unconvincingly to my mind, described as a Japanese equivalent to pizza or pancake. Yummy, though. Takoyaki is an octopus-based snack, which looks like this. Tasty as hell.
Posts: 2913 | From: The Slow Lane | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

- posted      Profile for Bomb A Nero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those octopus balls look right up her street, although I personally was unaware that octopuses had balls (sorry).
Posts: 2903 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC