This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » God Save The Queen. Now, where's the dole office? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: God Save The Queen. Now, where's the dole office?
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They can cover that with "and her heirs and successors in perpetuity".
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackdogbeak
Member # 12747

- posted      Profile for blackdogbeak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone who made the pledge is buried alive in her underground chambers (so to speak.)
Posts: 651 | From: the muddy banks of the irwell | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Would she shite.
If you were British, you'd know that the Queen doesn't have any bodily orifices...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The greatest argument against this came from a guy on the Radio Scotland phone-in this morning. On being told that an oath of allegiance was a daily occurence in American schools, he replied 'Aye, but then they go intae schools with machine guns and kill people'.

End of the debate right there.

End of the debate because people felt it to be a cogent and irrefutable point, or end of the debate because it's a ludicrous and offensive non-sequitur and everyone wanted to move on before the subject of Dunblane came up?
Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nocturnal Submission
Member # 1371

- posted      Profile for Nocturnal Submission     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellently put, AG.
Posts: 2168 | From: Revelling In The Hole | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
End of the debate because people felt it to be a cogent and irrefutable point, or end of the debate because it's a ludicrous and offensive non-sequitur and everyone wanted to move on before the subject of Dunblane came up?
I'm pretty sure it was more "End of the debate in an ironic sense because it was such a brilliant example of phone-in show inanity."
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not just make all schoolchildren join the cubs:

"I promise that I'll do my best
To do my duty to God and to the Queen
To help other people
and to keep the cub scout law"

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fuzzy Dunlop
Member # 1606

- posted      Profile for Fuzzy Dunlop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Wyatt. It was indeed that.

Apologies for any offence.

Posts: 564 | From: a vulture distracted by donkeys. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melbourne Arab
Member # 1389

- posted      Profile for Melbourne Arab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He seems to be the only man capable of achieving the aims of Sean Connery and Melbourne Arab
Broon was my MP so now you can understand why I emigrated.

Interesting that this Lord Goldsmith bloke mentions Australia Day as some kind of positive example of a national day.

As I understand it, Australia Day is the day Sydneysiders go down to the beach draped in flags and beat up anybody who looks vaguely Middle Eastern.

Posts: 854 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ooh aah
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for ooh aah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Speaking on BBC Radio 4's Today programme former Attorney General Lord Goeldbbels said 'Give me a child at seven...'
Posts: 2266 | From: the bottom of the barrel | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the problem is one of a sense of belonging, how about the Queen pledges allegiance to every shool leaver instead?
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bet this isn't the gormless twattery it superficially appears to be. Is the next step going to be, those who won't do this are anti 'Britishness' (whatever the fuck that is) and therefore treasonous terrorists?
Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GY - *fabulous* idea.

Fuzzy - None taken.

Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fuzzy Dunlop
Member # 1606

- posted      Profile for Fuzzy Dunlop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers, AG.

Dunblane never even crossed my mind until you mentioned it. I felt like shit.

Posts: 564 | From: a vulture distracted by donkeys. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lyra: someone has just called up the Jeremy Vine show on Radio 2, with that very point: "anyone who doesnt take this oath should be forcibly removed from the country"

Cool, can I get a lift to Rotterdam please?

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC