This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » God Save The Queen. Now, where's the dole office? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: God Save The Queen. Now, where's the dole office?
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hang on though, the killer at Dunblane wasn't a pupil, was he? I thought Fuzzy's radio person was referring to Columbine etc where it's the kids that turn on their schools?
Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guy Potger
Member # 1315

- posted      Profile for Guy Potger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where to begin on this?

(and apologies if someone has already mentioned it)

If this is a lesson in "citizenship", then if you swear loyalty to monarch, you immediately cease to be a citizen: you are a subject.

And the oath thing: what other barmpot idea will they come up with? Saluting a piece of fabric? Standing up when someone plays a piece of music? Bowing to a man's hat paraded around town on a stick?

Fuck 'em.

And the Jag they were driven in in.

Posts: 2834 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fuzzy Dunlop
Member # 1606

- posted      Profile for Fuzzy Dunlop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, he was some kind of youth worker iirc.

Dunblane is still a very emotive topic in Scotland. I can still remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when the news first came through. Hence my guilty reaction.

Posts: 564 | From: a vulture distracted by donkeys. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Skeleton
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for Bob Skeleton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas Hamilton was a scout leader I think. I remember where I was at the time too; I faked illness from school that day and ended up watching the news unfold on TV. I was only twelve at the time so the enormity of it all never really hit me.
Posts: 395 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erskine Bridges
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Erskine Bridges     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What will happen to those children who refuse to swear?

The Scottish Government have already said GTF Gordy. As they have with the latest ID card proposal.

It's all part of Gordy's secret plan to split the nation.

I have a vague notion that something strange happened in the Thomas Hamilton atrocity. Beyond the act itself. Some piece of evidence is subject to a long term 40+ year secrecy order. Someone fucked up bigstyle in allowing him access to guns. There were people including I think police, who flagged him up as a mentalist who shouldn't have a gun licence. Someone else signed it off. The rumour was that it was someone who went on to be a big noise in, well you guess.

Anyone else remember? Anyone else know anything or am I just havering?

Posts: 911 | From: Near Paisley | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Skeleton
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for Bob Skeleton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I remember. This guy apparently approved Hamilton's application for a gun licence and also defended him when he was accused of perverted behaviour towards young boys.

But he successfully sued a newspaper and must be innocent.

Posts: 395 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fuzzy Dunlop
Member # 1606

- posted      Profile for Fuzzy Dunlop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's all part of Gordy's secret plan to split the nation
Sssh! Agent Broon must be protected at all costs.

Maybe I'm getting my conspiracy theories mixed up, but didn't that Hamilton cover-up have a Masonic connection?

Posts: 564 | From: a vulture distracted by donkeys. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
One can only imagine the fun and games in Norn Iron should this be attempted.Feel the chaos.
Brilliant idea.

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fuzzy Dunlop
Member # 1606

Or a mass ceremony before an OF game.
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, yeah.

Followed by the minute's silence for Thatcher.

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John Humphries asked Goldsmith about Northern Ireland this morning. I got the impression that Goldsmith had never heard of it...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hahaha. I can imagine. "Norn Iron? Wasn't he in Star Trek?"
Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, what with this and the "Britishness in the arts" bollocks last week, what is going on. Is it part of some deal with the Unionists to get Paisley to retire?

It seems to be a concerted effort to sharpen and indeed deepen the public's mistrust and loathing of politicians, if it isn't sharp and deep enough already.

This allegiance malarkey is quite a mind-boggling daft idea.

Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"anyone who doesnt take this oath should be forcibly removed from the country"

ha ha! Bring it on, motherfuckers!
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mind swearing an oath of allegiance to the Queen, she seems a nice old lady. That son of hers, on the other hand...

I believe this chap sums it up perfectly.

-

Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC