This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Bird Lands On Window Ledge In Town (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Bird Lands On Window Ledge In Town
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look, I know this story basically boils down to Bird Lands On Window Ledge In Town, but bear with me because this is the most exciting thing that's happened to me in the last twelve hours.

Just now I was sitting here minding my own business with the curtains open, when I glanced up and saw a MASSIVE FUCCKING SEAGULL swooping directly towards the window. I actually flinched because I thought it was gonna come crashing through, but it clattered against the glass and just stood there for two or three minutes, the bold wee bugger, intently peering into our living room as though casing the joint for something to steal. (I actually wonder whether it spotted our goldfish, Jericho, from across the street, cos they've got bloody good eyesight, these marine birds.) It even started tapping the pane with its slimy, fishy beak as though it wanted to break in. Then it just flew off again to the roof opposite.

Anyway, I took some pictures.

-

-

-

-

-

-

[ 13.03.2008, 12:36: Message edited by: Spearmint Rhino ]

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felicity, I guess so
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Felicity, I guess so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's quite a pleasant view you've got there, SR. Bit Georgian an' that.
Posts: 3320 | From: Goodbye Arganzuela, hallo Tyne & Wear | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tratorello
Member # 604

- posted      Profile for tratorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What part of Brighton are you in SR?

My ex lives there and works at Komedia, with my rudimentary knowledge and a huge amount of guesswork, it looks like you are not too far from the train station, am I close?

Posts: 1718 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loose Cannon ?
Member # 642

- posted      Profile for Loose Cannon ?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't trust that gull with a sardine, you're right to be worried.
Posts: 1904 | From: a grassy knoll | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliban3
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for Caliban3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was in Brighton the other weekend, I was kind of idly trying to work out where you might live. Now I'm even more curious.
Posts: 2813 | From: The Tempest | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tratorello
Member # 604

- posted      Profile for tratorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So it is true what they say about cacti growing to look like their owners.
Posts: 1718 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horse
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for The Horse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice curtains.
Posts: 8111 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You utter bastard SR. Have you no consideration for other otfer's? I opened this page and was confronted by one of my few fears.

These pictures encapsulate everything that terrifies me about seagulls. Look at how incredibly oversized it has become. Seagulls have lost their position in nature. They have moved from being things that live in the sea and eat fish, to things that live in cities, eat out of bins, and are starting to compete with humans for territory.

That and that one looks just like the one that chased me for nearly a mile around an island. It was horrible.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sgt. Pinback
Member # 987

- posted      Profile for Sgt. Pinback     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something about those photos reminds me of this.

(Slight NSFW warning).

Posts: 3144 | From: Manchester UK | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry AIATL, resized to reduce terror.

Tratorello - nah, we're not very near the station. I live not far from the ruined West Pier, between Western Rd and the seafront (we're nine doors from the sea; yes I counted). Officially we're in Hove - just - but I'm in denial about that.

Horse - hah, thank you. A DIY job involving two lengths of faux fur (although I don't know whether they count as 'faux' if there are no lurid pink furry animals in nature itself).

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That cactus and pot looks like a (gold-coloured) comedy "BOMB" with a sparking yellow fuse.

Seagulls are a divebombing nightmare and should be discouraged, preferably with shotguns. That'd soon show them who's boss.

Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

AIATL is right, by the way. I'm sure seagulls weren't this big when I were a lad.
Felicity, I guess so
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Felicity, I guess so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking: 'what fucking cactus?' until I looked again.

So it isn't an incense burner-y thing after all.

Posts: 3320 | From: Goodbye Arganzuela, hallo Tyne & Wear | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felicity, I guess so
Member # 1104

If you want a bit of bird-related pedantry, there's no such thing as a 'seagull'.

That there is a herring gull, I reckon.

Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

What do you take me for: some kind of hippy?
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC