This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » trouble sleeping (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: trouble sleeping
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A quite plain early-ish mass like maybe Byrd's 3-part or 4-part masses are good I find, too.
Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suffer from not being able to get to sleep in the first place, too, and am consequently not much of a mornings person (which, luckily, is compatible with my afternoon/evening shift-based work), but sleep-deprivation is the one thing that kicks in with any sort of stress for me. When I had serious insomnia problems a few years back I got prescribed what my doc called 'mild anti-depressants' but they were horrible. I only took a couple and they made me feel spaced and miserable so I binned them. Just say no kids.

I'd recommend exercise. Much more productive than pondering Spurs' probably insoluble defensive problems (though many's the night I've done the same working out the ideal midfield four for the O's).

It's a fucking horrible thing though. 5am on an insomnia bout is the loneliest place in the world.

[ 14.03.2008, 11:34: Message edited by: E10Rifle ]

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felicity, I guess so
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Felicity, I guess so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It can be, but I tend to give up fairly quickly and go and read something to break that desolate mood.
Posts: 3320 | From: Goodbye Arganzuela, hallo Tyne & Wear | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm feeling pretty knackered today, got woken up by some noise at 230am then had some fitful sleep until 530am when I went into the front room, put the radio on for a bit of relaxation. Plus yesterday I went for a long walk so I'm a bit achy this morning...
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felicity, I guess so
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Felicity, I guess so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's all that hair you're having to carry
Posts: 3320 | From: Goodbye Arganzuela, hallo Tyne & Wear | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last few nights I've slept hardly at all which is unusual for me (brought on by having this vile and painful cough and taking various drugs to deal with it - at least one of which lists insomnia as a side effect). Last night was the worst though. I think I managed to doze for about an hour all told.

[ 14.03.2008, 11:50: Message edited by: ad hoc ]

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob,bob,bob & bob
Member # 4308

- posted      Profile for bob,bob,bob & bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got into the habit of having a cup of hot chocolate mixed with horlicks recently which has helped me become more of a heavy sleeper than usual, although in the morning I need 3 or 4 cups of tea to wake me up again.
Posts: 115 | From: The Wirral Peninsula | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The cantering captain
Member # 942

- posted      Profile for The cantering captain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A good shag should do the trick. Not that I'm offering or anything.
Posts: 1476 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's all that hair you're having to carry

The main problem is the wind blowing the hair in my face which can be tricky when negotiating a dodgy path up a moor. I now wear a bandana and tie my hair on top, a la japanese warrior if it's warm...
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not me
Member # 65

- posted      Profile for Not me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fritz, I have exactly the same sleep pattern whenever I'm stressed.

I also get it pretty much any time I drink, even without stress. It might seriously be worth cutting out booze for a week, just to see how you get on - it can be good for getting you to sleep but it's the worst for waking you up a few hours later.

I had a period of four months last year when I didn't sleep more than four hours a night, while I was ill with post-viral fatigue. I found Nytol OK for getting a blank couple of hours of unconsciousness, but a bit snide: it made me feel pretty weird the following day. Those Kalms things did nothing.

As with E10, the doc prescribed me a low dose of Old Testament antidepressants (amitriptilyne) which were effective inasfar as they made me feel like I was wading through mud all day, which makes you feel a bit more tired. But as he says, they're fucking miserable; really fog up your mind.

[ 14.03.2008, 13:08: Message edited by: Not me ]

Posts: 4303 | From: The Ministry of the New New Super Heavy Funk | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a huge supply of Ambien tablets because I only take them if I know I can get 7-8 hours of sleep. Otherwise, I feel so groggy and out of it when I wake up. Lately I've been staying up too late to use them.

Horse, thanks for the mp3.

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horse
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for The Horse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not at all. It's pretty good: I've never got past Yellow.
Posts: 8111 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fritz in a fez
Member # 911

- posted      Profile for fritz in a fez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the comments.

Cali - I'll definitley have a go at the hypnobirthing CD.

It's hard for me to tell if its stress related. When i wake up at the moment I definitely think about work which is very full on for me. In ten years as a freelance i hardly worried about work and was definitely not stressed by it in the same way that i am at the moment.

However i love my job and I'm on a mission.

But even before taking this job I had the same sleep pattern.

The good shag option sounds great but sadly is not available.

In fact i think that this is probably the heart of the problem, because although I live in the same house as my kids mother were are not a couple any more. A weird (but fairly common) situation.

I've tried not drinking but didn't like it.

Posts: 4815 | From: London | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In fact i think that this is probably the heart of the problem, because although I live in the same house as my kids mother were are not a couple any more.
Don't you see how that could be stressful, even if relations are amicable between you?

Normally when people break up, they are able to distance themselves from their ex so that they can move on with their lives. You're stuck in a kind of limbo. I think that would be very stressful.

[ 15.03.2008, 03:27: Message edited by: Femme Folle ]

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fritz in a fez
Member # 911

- posted      Profile for fritz in a fez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes its a lot less than ideal but what can you do.

To get another house in london would cost circa 400k.

Renting a nice place would be about 1300 per month and i'd still be paying for the kids etc.

Ideally we'd sell up and split the proceeds but to do that would cause a massive financial dispute that i suspect would go to court. Also my oldest son is half way through A levels etc. Daughter has just changed school.

I am considering the renting option but it will make me seriously poor.

Still it may be worth it for a full nights sleep.

[ 15.03.2008, 03:37: Message edited by: fritz in a fez ]

Posts: 4815 | From: London | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC