This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Brilliant War on Terror study

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brilliant War on Terror study
The Horse
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for The Horse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Study Links Terror, Anti-War Rhetoric
Posts: 8111 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is nonsense, but then NBER publishes all sorts of stuff that never makes peer review.
Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loose Cannon ?
Member # 642

- posted      Profile for Loose Cannon ?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since this is about articles, the Slate has a piece about Bush and his beliefs, kind of interesting, Bush has been portrayed as this religious reborn type but there's almost no meat there - he doesn't practice - but the article goes on to analyse the nature of his belief instead of saying that he's a bigger sham than we thought.
Not that anyone believed he had any content anyway...

http://www.slate.com/id/2186343/entry/2186348/

Posts: 1904 | From: a grassy knoll | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Purple Cow
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for The Purple Cow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"the authors said they poured over numbers from the Department of Defense, the Brookings Institution Iraq Index, and the Iraq Body Count to determine an accurate estimate of casualties....

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,ha...

Posts: 5801 | From: Amsterdam | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jacob Weisberg, the guy from Slate, had an op-ed piece in the LA Times a month ago about W. and Jeb, basically how George HW and Barbara always looked at Jeb as the son to follow in the father's footsteps and become president, not W., and how W. has screwed his brother's political career over while trying to prove himself. I don't normally like psychological profiling from a distance, but I thought it was really good.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You Are The Ref
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for You Are The Ref     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd find this very encouraging, if true. It'd prove that the anti-war movement in the west is having much more impact than its detractors claim.
Posts: 1891 | From: Saddam Hussein's secret stockpile of white ladies wrists | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taylor
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Taylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL

quote:
"I must say, I'm a little envious," Bush said. "If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed."

Posts: 3395 | From: further over there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked "It must be exciting for you ... in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger."
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC