This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Happy St. Patrick's Day (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Happy St. Patrick's Day
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
That fellow could do with putting some underpants on.
He's obviously not been back to Ireland in a while.

I'm off to work.
God help me.

Fuck patriotism, balls to national pride, dick to Ireland.

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought about going to one of the pub's that were showing the GAA this morning, but I'm sure the drunk assholes would be out in full force even that early, so I decided not to.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I'm for Reed's idea of extending it. I'd like to see the US doing St George's Day. It would be a bit like Paddy's, what with all the binge drinking, except with more people sighing and muttering "There is a queue, you know" just loud enough to hear.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But most Americans would do it wrong. They'd go around saying "cheerio" and "bloody hell" at random intervals and pretend to quote Trainspotting and think they're doing a cockney accent.

Speaking of Scotland, there are a few pubs here that do a Burns Night. I've always wanted to go - seeing as I'm a fan of Scottish ale and whiskey - but haven't got around to it yet.

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Complete with haggis? I honestly recommend haggis, and not in an I'm-harder-than-you kind of way.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The serious ones do do haggis (as do the various Burns Societies and the like).

I think that they fly them in.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, haggis is rather nice, despite it's rather dubious content. Lots of black pepper helps.
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's some butcher in the West Village that does them, Ursus.

Or so I have been told what must be hundreds of times.

Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Member # 10292

- posted      Profile for Kowalski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Paddy's Day

-

Posts: 595 | From: People's Republic of Llandudno | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I just almost got in a fight with a load of leprechaun-costumed rugby players who threw pizza at me.

Happy stereotype!

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackstress
Member # 1485

- posted      Profile for mackstress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's not many Burns Nights to go to in London, either, I've discovered, or not any that don't cost about 100 a ticket, anyway. So instead, this year, force-fed my dubious workmates haggis at our regular Friday post-work drinks-and-nibbles thing. I refused to tell them what was in it until they'd finished, and then took great joy in cackling "LUNGS! HAHAHAHA!" and watching their faces drop. They're very tasty lungs, though.
Posts: 1670 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Long time no see, mackstress, welcome back!
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About time we got our Orcadian lady back!
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackstress
Member # 1485

- posted      Profile for mackstress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello there! Nice to be back. I had various disasters with the internet in my flat. I've only been back online for about a month, and I've been helluva busy with work. Not going to be getting any of that done any more now that I'm back on here...
Posts: 1670 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

The sort of nonsense I'm talking about.
 -

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC