This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Why is it that I can't think about nothing? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why is it that I can't think about nothing?
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
50,000 years ago, where I'm at, and where most of you are as well, it was a greater chance of it being dead quiet, than there being a single manufactured sound to be heard. We're surrounded by radios, TV's, trams, fans, faxes, computers, doors being knocked at, doors being slammed, boiling tea, craps in toilets being sent off, cars, fizzez, fuzzez, sizzling corn-meals and buzzing annoyances.

It's stressful, this continuous sound-wave pollution. Loads of people are becoming ill, "hitting the wall", due to stress in life, and a great contributor is this never-ending beehive of sounds.

So, if continuous sound is stressful, if the absence of sounds is sometimes very good for you, if most of us enjoy complete silence tremendously, and if thoughts are silent sounds, why is it that I can't think about nothing?

Wouldn't that be a very normal thing for the human body to be able to do as to relax and calm the system, down the pulse, heal soul wounds, "normal" the body-mind-spirit seesaw, or whatever? Wouldn't no thoughts be very smart to be able to do?

Why can't I think about nothing? Or do I, sometimes, like when I'm sleeping?

Or is that it? The evidence of the smartest person in the history of mankind, is the one who can come up with a way to sometimes not think about anything?

More realistically, what's the closest one can come to think about nothing?

[ 20.03.2008, 12:37: Message edited by: Pietro Paolo Virdis ]

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do yoga.
Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why do you want to think about nothing? Why not think about something, you know, nice?
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have got tinnitus, all I hear is white noise. It is quite helpful as stuff has to be really loud to get through.

I usually think about nothing just before I post.

Welcome back, PPV, by the way

Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thinking of Paolo Maldini defensive errors?
Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Furtho
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for Furtho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"All mankind's troubles are caused by one single thing, which is their inability to sit quietly in a room," innit.
Posts: 2913 | From: The Slow Lane | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back for good, or just dropping in PPV?

While you were gone, AC Milan got knocked out of the CL, but you were named OTF's top hunk. By Mrs G, no less.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could study dark matter (cue 15 pages on how wrong I am)
Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mitch
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Mitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where's that quote from Furtho?
Posts: 1949 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How bout Milan's goals in the Champions League second round? You could think about nothing a long time that way.

[ 20.03.2008, 12:58: Message edited by: Antonio Gramsci ]

Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Furtho
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for Furtho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blaise Pascal, Mitch.
Posts: 2913 | From: The Slow Lane | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have a wish to think about nothing, there's really no need to try and figure out personal stuff through a single post on OTF. I wonder why it's not possible, or if it is? That's it.
Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

That came out very blunt and like I took offence, or sopmething.
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

quote:
While you were gone, AC Milan got knocked out of the CL, but you were named OTF's top hunk. By Mrs G, no less.
!

If I had a wife, we could swap, like in Kurosawa's Dodeskaden. Tell her she's the top... oh, maybe better not [Wink]

Mitch
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Mitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Furtho.

It's certainly possible PPV. But I wouldn't call it relaxing or calming, necessarily.

Posts: 1949 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC