This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Damn the full moon! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Damn the full moon!
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently Easter, as early as it is, could possibly have a day earlier still , had the moon just got off its arse and turned a little bit more before midnight on Saturday.

In 2209 (I think), Easter Sunday will be on the earliest day possible, ie March 22nd (the first Sunday after the first full moon following March 21st (the spring equinox). We, however, have to put up with a pathetic March 23rd, meaning that we miss out on a once-in-5 millenia event by one day.

Arse.

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2009?
Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very confused by your blaming of the moon.

Mr. Calendar is to blame, no?

Stupid Sunday, always waiting for the previous week to finish. Lazy ass.

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no, it is the full moon. something to do with judasim as well

i wasnt really paying attention in school assembley this week

Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's it, all you moon detractors need to step off.

The Moon is the MAN, man.

Look Spring came, it was all groovy, and the moon went all full. You can't ask more than that.

He wanted to have his Easter party on Saturday, because everybody knows Saturday's alright, Saturday night gives you fever, Saturday's spent in the park, but noooooo... have to go and move the party to Sunday. Lame-o boring-ass Sunday.

So, step off man. I got the moon's back.

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, you're right, the moon rules. So if we expect The Moon to suit our silly needs to break Easter records, The Moon is teaching us a lesson. By 2209 our ozone zapping behaviour will have reached the moon; it will explode and have the last laugh as the tides won't know what the fuck to do.

I dig The Moon, man.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also the moon does affect people's moods, I don't care what you science-talking guys say. I asked a pub landlord and he says people go mental in the full moon and he should know
Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janik
Member # 54

- posted      Profile for Janik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The science talking guys would agree with you, though. So no need to worry.
Posts: 6487 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a moon in the sky. It's called the moon.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I prefer the merest sickle or crescent moon to the full-blown coin. Looks like a beautiful woman's nail-clipping up there.
Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does the moon have a name? I mean, like, how would people on other planets refer to it? They probably have their own moon(s).
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Keith'?
Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Ancient Greeks called the moon Selene, and the Aztecs, the Chinese and the Japanese all had a tradition that a rabbit lives on the moon - presumably something in the pattern on it that resembles a bunny, whereas we have our "man in the moon".
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of CÚline, is it just me or does Monica Seles look like a younger version of her?
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ale
Member # 107

- posted      Profile for ale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if its accepted there was a son of God who was born on 25 December and his birth is celebrated as such...why is the date of his death buggered about so much ?...
Posts: 3315 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC