This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Florida. Random observations. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Florida. Random observations.
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I won't eat Combos--they look like dog treats.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hissing fauna
Member # 7071

- posted      Profile for hissing fauna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, now you mention it...
I only eat them if I'm in the States - I don't bring them back home with me to the UK.

Posts: 206 | From: brighton is not 'london by the sea' | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry. It was worse. This wasn't the new [car of the year] Malibu, which is pure, unabashed, hot extramarital sex compared to the previous model year Malibu we got. All boxy and automatic and silver/beige/death in colour. This was your grandfather's Malibu, if he wasn't driving a Cadillac with a vinyl laundau roof.

But those Horatio Cane Hummers were everywhere.

[ 20.03.2008, 23:48: Message edited by: WornOldMotorbike ]

Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and to get back to something which irked both Reed and ursus on the footware thread: white runners, everywhere. White tops and white soles and white laces. Unless you're in the black runner camp, with black soles, uppers and laces. And the sock colour tends to match the shoe colour roughly 100% of the time.

[typo]

[ 21.03.2008, 00:19: Message edited by: WornOldMotorbike ]

Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love Florida more than anyone can possibly imagine. I locked myself in the car rental place at Orlando International and refused to get out. Staff had to get a spare set of keys and two burly security guys to drag me out.

On our last day we went to look around some show homes in the township place where my parents own a house. Despite me not being able to afford a place to live in this country, I was desperately trying to work out how I could afford to emigrate. I'd move out like a fucking shot.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee-Rex
Member # 609

- posted      Profile for Tee-Rex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Florida is a death trap. If it's not the gun-toting coke-snorting alligators, it's the jumping killer fish.
Posts: 3795 | From: tomorrow, your time | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had to Google "Chevrolet Malibu", and found this, which more or less what every car should look like.
Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

This is exactly what I got. Without the snazzy tail fin or aluminum rims.

-

Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"tail fin"? Is that the same as a spoiler?
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A native-born Californian vs a Canadian on the subject of cars.

Referee Stops Contest.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hang on, CSI: Miami actually exists? I thought they just made it up on Entourage as something demeaningly low-class that Johnny Drama is auditioning for.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not always totally sure when you're being serious SR, but assuming you are, and based on everything I've come to know and love about your taste in popular culture over the years, I'd put money on you being incapacitated with laughter at David Caruso on CSI: Miami.
Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. OK...
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's CSI: The Original (Las Vegas), CSI: New York (with Gary Sinese) and CSI: Miami. After the third one happened, it became a common hack comedian joke to say "What's next? CSI: Omaha? Am I right people? What's the Deal with that? Tip your waitresses."

And I believe there was a joke on Entourage about Drama trying out for CSI: Minneapolis.

I think all of them are pretty goofy and are pissed on by Law & Order from a great height as far as interesting crime plots and dramatic tension.

However, CSI: Miami seems to fully recognize that it's sort of "hyper-real" and plays it up like a 1960s Marvel comic book.

As I've said upthread, by far, the best part of CSI:Miami is seeing David Curuso chew the scene like it were beef jerky. The bit in the beginning where he puts the button on the scene and puts his sunglasses on right as The Who kicks is so wonderfully goofy that it makes the rest of the show seem dull by comparison.

Fortunately for him, I think David Curuso knows that this is all he's good at and is ok with that.

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, but the poses...the poses!

I think David Curuso knows that this is all he's good at and is ok with that.

Oh no, I think he believes he's, like, really acting man! Remember him stalking off NYPD Blue? The guy is terminally impressed with himself and it's pretty obvious he's not taking direction from anywhere but his own ego.

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC