This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Easterhouse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Easterhouse
What's the rumpus?
Member # 752

- posted      Profile for What's the rumpus?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only really know it from the name of the band back then, and from the destination shown on buses.

Anyhouse, are there any OFT-types around in Glasgow this weekend who fancy meeting up for a drink?

I'm working in the centre Saturday to Monday and plan to be standing at a bar for much of that time.

Posts: 907 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's something wonderful about the proximity of this thread to the one called 'Orangutan Piss Drinking'.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, that'll be Easterhouse.
Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fritz in a fez
Member # 911

- posted      Profile for fritz in a fez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only time i went to Easterhouse I had my car nicked.
Posts: 4815 | From: London | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cookie
Member # 813

- posted      Profile for cookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spent 3 years driving a taxi in Glasgow, and the only time anyone did a runner was in Easterhouse.
Posts: 363 | From: Glasgow | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
What's the rumpus?
Member # 752

- posted      Profile for What's the rumpus?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At least I know where not to go drinking.
Posts: 907 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, perhaps they cheer up at this time of year...
Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willie1Foot
Member # 18

- posted      Profile for Willie1Foot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I lived next door to that wonderful study of human society that is Easterhouse. In fact, my Grandfather was born in Easterhouse village, which was swallowed up (razed) when the new housing was built.

My lasting memories of Easterhouse were:

1. Our regular drives to drop off an unfortunate friend of my parents who lived there. If our visit was on a Saturday or Sunday night, witnessing a rolling brawl in the streets somewhere, comprising 20+ men/youths armed with fence palings, bottles and bricks, was almost guaranteed.

2. Our annual Boys Brigade sponsored walk used to go through Easterhouse. Some lads did not make it back to Baillieston without a seach party picking them up, battered and bleeding, somewhere in Easterhouse. And Baillieston boys were not exactly softies.

Trying to imagine a visit there? Think of a cross between 'Lost' and 'The Road'.

Do not go there for a drink.

Posts: 3221 | From: the shores of Botany Bay | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC