This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Scalped

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scalped
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so today, half egged on by a bet and half because I thought it might look good anyway, I've pretty much had my head shaved.

Not so short that it's like Woody Harrelson out of Natural Born Killers, but I do now look like a contemporary James Nesbitt. For the last twenty years, I've sported a hirsute barnet that would have put Jim Morrison to shame.

So far, about a 50-50 response from people that have seen me since. Tellingly, one of the girls in the pub that I would count in the 50% "no" camp said, "You look weird ... but ten years younger." I could, thinking about it, count that on my side.

The one thing about it is, I've suddenly realised how fucking cold it is in Lancashire.

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Better get yourself a hat. Preferably a stylish one or you'll only make matters worse.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had a No1 crop (No2 in winter) for about 6 years, and I cant imagine ever having long hair again. And by long, I don't mean middle-age ponytail long, I mean having-to-use-a-comb long.

A hat may be in order Rogin. I go for the woolly Dexy's type (grey) or if abroad (with sunshine) a baseball cap, which I only occasionally wear in the UK if it rains (which is actually quite a lot.)

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been cutting my own flat-top for about a year now. Number 4 on the back and sides, and scissors on the top. I bought the clipper set for $9 on sale. I estimate that I've already saved myself over $10,000, but that's just a rough estimate.
Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My hair is getting thinner and greyer, and a number 2 looks like a the dignified option. But I'm scared.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOM - What kind of barber do you go to? I'm in the wrong business.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nishlord
Member # 97

- posted      Profile for Nishlord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you were out in the snow today, Rog. And walking under loads of overhanging trees. It's like discovering a brand new erogenous zone.
Posts: 8698 | From: City of Snot | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. Nah, I go to those Topcuts/Supercuts/Cheapycuts places that charge $14. And I only used to go once a month or so. I just like imagining that I'm saving great gobs of money each and will likely retire a year earlier for my efforts.
Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

I will only get my hair cut in New York or Philadelphia. No more suburban salons for me, thanks. It costs a little more, but you shouldn't look like a soccer mom if you don't even have kids.

If you go to Supercuts, you might as well cut it yourself.

Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've not had a haircut since December. It's getting fairly long again.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC