This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Supermarkets are closed on Easter Sunday! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Supermarkets are closed on Easter Sunday!
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never knew that. Thinking about it, I suppose I've never needed to go to the Supermarket before on Easter Sunday, I've always, for the last few years, been either cooking or helping to cook roast dinner while everyone else was at Church, or just knocking about waiting for the pub to open (like this year). But I really fancied a Sunday Times today, to read in the pub while the Arsenal Chelsea 1-1 game's on, and now I can't buy one.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Rogin. No working cooker in my house and sadly no chance of going to the pub either. And I went to church yesterday. There is literally no point to this post but I wanted to join in with the slightly disappointed in Easter kind of atmosphere.
Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Purple Cow
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for The Purple Cow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only seven kids turned up for cricket training this morning.

Tsk.

Posts: 5801 | From: Amsterdam | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My local supermarket is open all day on Easter (and practically every other holiday as well).
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hang on, are convenience stores closed too? This could be a hungry Easter for toro...

Ah, wait, there's NO CHANCE IN HELL takeaways are shut, right? They'll still be open in the event of a nuclear holocaust.

[ 23.03.2008, 16:11: Message edited by: The Batebe of Toro Foundation ]

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
Religious nutters hold world to ransom, shocker!

Bollocks, the pubs close at 10pm here.
Gutted.

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Little shops are open.
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Auntie Beryl
Member # 1082

- posted      Profile for Auntie Beryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the laws are different in Scotland, aren't they? The chain of stores I "work with" have their stores open north of the border, and closed elsewhere today.
Posts: 1450 | From: west by south | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scotland don't do Easter really.
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Surely, the thousands of people sweeping items off supermarket shelves straight into already-groaning trolleys on Thursday (despite them being open on Friday and Saturday) should have alerted you to the fact that they were shut yesterday.

Who knows what will happen if we genuinely did have to stock up for a long stay in a nuclear shelter.

Do they still have them?

Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felicity, I guess so
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Felicity, I guess so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can probably buy them in a flatpack from B&Q.

But not on Easter Sunday.

Posts: 3320 | From: Goodbye Arganzuela, hallo Tyne & Wear | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But not on Easter Sunday.
I doubt that.

There is some comment to be made about Jesus carrying the cross, suffering under its weight through the crowds and people buying garden & DIY equipment this weekend but it would take someone funnier and more intelligent than me to make it

Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
do the pubs and off licences close in england on good friday?

The ban on pub drinking makes the previous day the busiest of the year (outside Christmas) in Ireland's offlicences.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

Definitely not
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They used to close. Good Friday used to have the same licensing hours as Sunday and Christmas Day.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC