This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » The No1 Ladies' Detective Agency ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The No1 Ladies' Detective Agency ...
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... is on BBC1 tonight at 9pm starring Jill Scott (yes, her).

I really hope this is good, because I loved the books.

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that the Botswanan thing? Would be nice if a Southern African actress played the lead, if it is.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of all the people I've ever interviewed, Jill Scott is the one who I felt was seriously flirting with me.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched this this morning. I liked it a lot. Jill Scott was fine in it, and the two other leads were good too. The actress playing the secretary (Anika Noni Rose) especially nailed her character.

One thing I noticed: I was lazed on the couch, thinking to myself "This is a bit slow" and then I realised I had already sat through 75 minutes of it. Its available for 5 more days on http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/ for anyone interested. It lasts for 1hr 45m, but you will probably know in the first 15 whether you like it or not.

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Purple Cow
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for The Purple Cow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the series is as good as this was, we are in for a treat.
Posts: 5801 | From: Amsterdam | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife liked it a lot and the bits I saw seemed very Sunday evening fluff in your brain entertaining.

I fear Sky's unseen (by me) adaptation of The Colour of Magic is going to be a huge let down.

Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC