This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Hot Anarchy Buns (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hot Anarchy Buns
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
SR's got a Hot Crass Bun!
Damn it. I actually spent a couple of minutes thinking of a clever thread title, before giving up...
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, you people are so superficial. They are slut-buns. Stick on an Adam Ant stripe and a bit of varnish and you're bedazzled.
They're nowhere near as good as the humble scone or the flirty muffin.

Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hahahahahaha

Slut hobbes.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

- posted      Profile for Crusoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Muffins? Muffins? Muffins are the Alan Titchmarsh of the cake world. Superficially entertaining, spend more than ten seconds contemplating one and you realise how soul-crushingly dull it is. Muffins are cakes with the joy taken out.
Posts: 6300 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs E done us up a bread-and-butter pudding made out of hot cross buns for our Easter tea. She's a genius that girl.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are we talking about American muffins or "English muffins" (or "muffins", as they're known)? If you don't like the latter, toasted with butter, you're mental. American "muffins" are just cakes gone wrong, I agree, though blueberries are so nice that a blueberry muffin works overall.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

- posted      Profile for Crusoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
American muffins, Wyatt - I agree on proper muffins being a class apart.

I'm sure there must be a better use of blueberries than to waste them on muffins.

Posts: 6300 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kuhisek
Member # 1762

- posted      Profile for kuhisek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bollocks to sweet stuff. Hot toasted crumpets are the hound's rounds. Topped with marmite and cheddar. Or Laughing Cow and Rajah ginger pickle.

The breakfast of champions.

Posts: 944 | From: the gutter, staring at the tsars | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carrot cake muffins are good.

And a blueberry puffin muffin from Lewes Bake Shop on 2nd Street in Lewes, Delaware is outstanding. We get them whenever we're there.

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would never trust an Englishman to judge the quality of an "American" muffin. There is not one worthy of the title for sale in the entire length and bredth of the country. The are all cup-cakes not muffins. A light muffin newly baked, doused in butter, with fruit still warm explodes in your mouth and sends you out into the day with a spring in your step and a song in your heart.

They are, in fact, the opposite of scones, which Brits understand and North Americans fail at miserably.

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coffy
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Coffy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's apples and oranges to compare muffins and cupcakes anyway. Cupcakes don't contain a fat (apart from what's in eggs, I mean) and are beaten a lot to incorporate air, so they're lighter. Muffin batter does contain a fat and is mixed as little as possible, so they are heavier. Some muffins are kind of cakey, but I prefer the biscuity type. In fact, I make them a lot, in various flavors, and freeze them; then I take one to work each day for breakfast, and they are damn good.
Posts: 3014 | From: where the action is | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I kind of asked for that, didn't I?
Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
American-style muffins are great, you lunatics. Especially, of course, blueberry muffins.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes is correct. These 'buns' involve dried fruit and don't they also have that disgusing peel stuff in them? The stuff that looks and tastes like Satan's toenails? eurgh.
Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC