This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Hot Anarchy Buns (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hot Anarchy Buns
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no peel in a Hot Cross Bun.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh you know what though, I once made Nigella's 'baklava muffins' which obv you can guess what they involved, and they are *genius*. And no bastard fucking fruit either.
Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And Hobbes is *never* right.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there not, Don? Well, they look revolting to me, I wouldn't want to get close enough to one to find out.
Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you ask me, there's room in this world for all types of muffin.

Peace and love to all of our children. God bless the twin towers. Etc.

Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I would never trust an Englishman to judge the quality of an "American" muffin.
I do own a passport, young feller-me-lad.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm sure there must be a better use of blueberries than to waste them on muffins.
Yeah, and that use is American pancakes.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You ain't seen nothin' till you're down on the muffin.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes blueberries for pancakes, cranberries for muffins. (Actually almost anything, fruity or nutty works in a muffin, the real key is the batter.)

Frozen blueberries are best for pancakes, they don't fall apart in the batter and are on the skillet just long enough to thaw and heat through.

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erwin
Member # 403

- posted      Profile for erwin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yes blueberries for pancakes, cranberries for muffins.
I've always been a bit sceptical (or maybe just philistine?) about the matching of tastes. Why not the other way round? And why not apple sauce with lamb, cranberry sauce with pork and mint sauce with turkey?

Is there some sort of physiological/chemical reason for one food going with a particular sauce? Or is it really just tradition?

Posts: 3378 | From: just this side of beyond all hope | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
English muffins are actually English? Really? I assumed that was just a marketing thing.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is. Real English muffins are nothing like North American "English Muffins." This is all way too confusing isn't it.

Is there some sort of physiological/chemical reason for one food going with a particular sauce? Or is it really just tradition?

Tradition mainly, though there are complementary tastes that work well together for most people. I think your top chefs are always trying to push that envelope a bit. The cranberry/blueberry thing is just me by the way.

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

quote:
Real English muffins are nothing like North American "English Muffins."
Well, there's a certain resemblance. But English muffins are darker-crusted and less doughy than "English muffins".

See also Canadian bacon vs "Canadian bacon". Sublime vs ridiculous, right there.

boris
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Much as it pains me to admit it, I actually agree with Hobbes on this. Hot cross buns are rubbish. Hot crass buns, on the other hand, sound like the dog's bollocks. However, the best bread product by far, with no returns, is the crumpet. Toasted with butter, or even with peanut butter, or chocolate spread if you have a sweet tooth, or just about anything else you can think of. By the crim, I've a hunger about me now.
Posts: 8617 | From: the safe house | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC