This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Fox Sports (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fox Sports
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jesus. It's a dream come true for me outside right now. Four foxes are going at it like a four way boxing match between four Mike Tysons. Boy (and I don;t say 'boy' unless I really mean it), am I glad I woke up early.

Two are down, out of it. One of the others has legged it over to the swings area, and the other has chased it over. I can see its teeth in silhouette thanks to the light over on the far side of the square. That's one mean fucking fox. I pity the coward who tried to run for the swings. He's going to get his face bitten off or something.

The three of them have high-tailed it out of the square now, leaving the lunatic fox stalking around the square, visibly agitated, looking for someone else to kick the shit out of.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was kind of hoping this was about foxy boxing.
Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a bag of pineapple chunk sweets bought from Hope and Greenwood traditional sweet shop in Dulwich. I've got Sky Sports endlessly repeating Javier Mascherano's gurning chimp impression. I've got OTF on a laptop balanced on my knees. And I've got three wimpy foxes and one fucking beast fox going hell for leather outside my window.

Life doesn't get much better than this. I just need Calleigh Duquesne from CSI: Miami in full ballistics testing mode to bring me a brew and I would assume I'd died in my sleep and gone to heaven.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

In a way, Gramsci, everything is about foxy boxing.

It's all quiet out there now. The square is empty save for the litter blown around by the strong winds. A large sheet of plastic in the rough shape of a sea-horse has got caught in a tree and is flapping slightly. There's no sign that just minutes ago the square was the scene of one of the most amazing bare-paw (as opposed to bear-paw I suppose, which would have been even more incredible) fox fights seen along this stretch of Lordship Lane.

Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In an altogether more accurate way, though, almost nothing is about foxy boxing. Well, not in my life, anyways.

Are you getting up early or staying up late?

Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

Getting up early today. I'm not much of a sleeper.
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lucky bastard. All I got are squirrels trying to f each other.

Although one day I saw evidence of deer gangs. There were three deer that were chasing this one across the street. The one was alternating between running into traffic - seeing cars were coming - then running back to the 3 deer in the wrong gang. It made three runs before saying "f it" and darted across the street. It made it past the cars. I suppose that was the animal version of "walkin the plank, me matey"

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That kind of thing never happens where I live. I only got a group of teenagers screaming at each other in the street in front of my house at 4am on Sunday.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barndoorio
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Barndoorio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went away on a stag do, a chance for a lie in I thought. So, in the room next to mine in the hotel I got woken up by a crying child whilst back at home my wife reports that our daughter slept in until 9.30am! Meaning I got up an hour earlier than if I'd been at home.
Posts: 5360 | From: Glorious Taunton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw about four crows divebombing a squirrel in a tree yesterday. I couldn't tell if he was in their nest, but he was not backing down even when they brought the ruckus.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been woken every morning for about six weeks by a two and a half year old screaming about the cat being in his room. So I close his door, and when he wakes up and notices, he screams that he wants it open. Of course, the cat specifically chooses his room to do his morning pull-at-the-rug cat stretch routine because the rug is some IKEA faux-fibre jobby that has a different texture from the rugs in the rest of the house.
Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why does he not want the cat in his room?
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Should I assume that 'foxy boxing' is something like mud-wrestling?)
Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Inca: we have no idea. He loves them both. But them being in his room drives him mental for some reason. And these are the kind of cats that are more than happy to snuggle up against you or lay across your feet while sleeping, so he's had more than a few rude awakenings lately. And the 'door closed at night' thing was a snap with his sister, but he's showing stunning perseverance.
Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

TV - yes.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC