This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Oxford otfers (or anyone else who would like to help the one and only Spangles)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oxford otfers (or anyone else who would like to help the one and only Spangles)
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all, you may have guest from the thread title that I am asking a favour from anyone who lives in the vicinity of Oxford - you know, the City of Dreaming Spires and all that.

Like the aforementioned Spires I have a dream too, although probably a bit more mundane than the bedtime thoughts of ancient buildings. My dream contains an otfer driving from a storage place on the outskirts of the city to Spangles' house a mere five to ten minutes away next Saturday. Once there we will unload stuff from the car into her house and we will be very grateful indeed for making it so she doesn't have to pay 70 a month to keep stuff there, so grateful in fact that we will pay for lunch and a pint for your trouble. Oh yes.

I would do it myself, but I don't have a car and am going to be doing the lifting and carrying of heavy things in a supremely manly way.

It would be really great if someone could help us out, as her folks are in Nottingham and my old man is in America, so we're really stuck for help.

Edit

I took the picture out in case she didn't like it. You know how these girls be like, eh fellas?

[ 24.03.2008, 22:34: Message edited by: The_Liquidator ]

Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd help with the lifting, but lack a car. Soz about that.

Can't you hire a van?

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't afford it, I'm afraid. I have 30 left to last me the week, with a 30 travelcard being bought tomorrow. Plus hiring a van for a 10 minute journey seems a bit daft.
Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go to a car dealership and make like you're interested in one with a big trunk/boot. Convince them to let you take it out for a test-drive by yourselves, cart your shit cross-town, and return it, telling them it felt gutless and handled poorly.
Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There aren't that many Oxford resident around I think, the only one I can think of, Jimsky, is not here very often but you might try to PM him?
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Poster
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Bill Poster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM for you Liq.
Posts: 1605 | From: Here to Eternity | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

-

[ 24.03.2008, 21:36: Message edited by: The_Liquidator ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC