This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Amazon Kindle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Amazon Kindle
steveeeeeeeee
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for steveeeeeeeee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not into gadgets, never owned an iPod or suchlike. But I wouldn't mind one of these-

They're sold out and probably copy versions will arrive that are cheaper and even better but ever since I moved away from the UK I've been desperate for something like this to come on to the market. I doubt I'd use it to read books, probably I'd still prefer the real thing, but as a way of reading newspapers and magazines in which I pay a small fortune each month either subscribing to or buying imported, it will be a major godsend.

So, has anyone got one, I haven't read a bad word about them yet however most of the feedback is on the Amazon site and I guess they're not going to print bad sh1t there.

Posts: 4370 | From: Portas de Benfica | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coffy
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Coffy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can read some negative stuff about it here.
Posts: 3014 | From: where the action is | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, impressively quick downloading capability but without reading Coffy's link, and not wanting to sound too much like Duncan Bannatine, I think it's trying to solve a non-existant problem and I can think of a few reasons why people can't be arsed with it.
You're right about not wanting to read an entire book off it, why not just buy the book?. You can read newspapers online anyway.

A $400 toy.

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love something like this, if it worked properly and you could load your own documents on it. That really would allow me to get rid of paper, which would be such a wonderful thing.
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I might like it done as it could be on flexible electronic paper pages instead of a rigid screen.
Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

Why would you waste your time loading documents onto it when you can do that on a laptop?
Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laptops are a bit shit, really. Too big.
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

Getting smaller, and you can send from a laptop.
This thing is input only.

TonTon
Member # 41

Yeah, well, when they get small enough, or wobbly like yer man says, maybe then. and with this "electronic paper" thingy

[ 24.03.2008, 22:33: Message edited by: TonTon ]

Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't read anything good about it, but then again you an apparently now read PDFs on it, which changes things.
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

The game Minesweeper is available on Amazon Kindle
Mighty Mudhsuden
Member # 1072

- posted      Profile for Mighty Mudhsuden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bet it hurts your eyes to read it.
Posts: 2061 | From: Hackensack... is that all you get for your money? | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC