This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Name My Website For Me (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Name My Website For Me
Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass
Member # 730

- posted      Profile for Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously. Just found out that some cyber-squatting c&nt has just bought the freshly available www.thisisnowhere.com over the weekend.

A four pack of top hat bitter to the winner.

Posts: 8490 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
www.cyber-squatting_c&nt.com
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
immediate thought - thisissomewhere.com

immediate discovery - a band called Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.

Maybe this discovery will now be life-changing. Somehow I don't think so.

Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mitch
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Mitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not that its much use to you Carcass, but the culprit is some bloke in Texas: here.
Posts: 1949 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sgt. Pinback
Member # 987

- posted      Profile for Sgt. Pinback     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's generally not a good idea to query the availability of a domain name unless you intend to register it immediately.

They have a tendency to get snapped up mysteriously not too long after the inquiry has been made.

Have you tried the .net and .org variants?

Posts: 3144 | From: Manchester UK | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how about 'Billy Bob Thornton'?

What? Its a good name.

ok: www.thatisnowhere.com

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 730

- posted      Profile for Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We didn't enquire. We were just waiting for it to come up but obviously it came up during American office hours not during ours. They got it literally minutes after it expired. I would have stayed up all night to get it but I still don't have internet access in my new house. Cheers Virgin.

The powers that be have now decided - two weeks after they said yes to the name - that they don't like it any more so I have to come up with something else.

Posts: 8490 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
www.amalgamatedlard.com

www.ferretdisco.com

www.slapmango.com

www.truthbucket.com

Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
www.kickinthesun.com
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 730

I quite like that.
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not as simple as waiting for a good domain to 'expire' GFDC. Domains are big business and the good ones are auctioned off by the registering companies immediately on expiration.

Yes it's not fair and goes against the first-come, first-served nature of the web, but unless you're willing to lay out of few thousand bucks, you won't get a good domain for the standard registration fee.

Why do you think we've got sites called Flickr, Zooomr, Pownce and Digg?

Try here anyway - you might get something decent on the cheap.

[ 25.03.2008, 13:17: Message edited by: Cavalry Trouser Tips ]

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilC
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for evilC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
www.cogitarium.com

...although it is listed on this page of Who.is so perhaps it's already taken. I didn't click on it anyway, just in case some Texan nerd-cunt pounces on it instantly.

Posts: 7428 | From: such drivers' ed films as 'Alice's Adventures Through the Windshield Glass' | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Texan nerd-cunt
A great band name.
Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 730

CTT: Yeah, we tried to buy thereceiver.com for a few hundred quid but they wanted thousands - just don't have that sort of money.

Just tried to get zenarcade.com - it's owned by exactly the same bunch of fucking twats.

bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even www.arsebiscuits.com is taken.

as is www.greenstools.com

incredible

Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC